Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TQ carry options

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar

TQ carry options

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_J View Post
    I admit I go towards comfort, I carry a Glock 43, and seeing tons of tactical guys on YouTube with tons of spare mags and all this hype around preparing for some kind of civilian warzone that I have yet to see, makes me shake my head sometimes.

So I think laziness and carelessness sum up why I don't carry one.
    Like most everything in life, it's a balance. Carrying a tourniquet is a great idea. It's much more likely to make a physical difference in the real world then a spare magazine. I seldom carry one in the summer, I just keep them in my vehicles. I used to carry a RAT but apparently they suck and I've not gotten a tourniquet holder I like for regular attire. I am objectively less prepared for bad things happening due to that. But I accept the risk of having it in the car instead of on me.

Side note: I need a covert tourniquet holder. Ideas welcome.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I need a covert tourniquet holder. Ideas welcome.
    I've used the Ryker AFAK for a few years...but I rarely wear shorts.

Site Supporter
    I've thrown a SWAT-T in my back pocket. I know it is not the best but is easy to carry. Having taken Caleb Causey's class at KRtraining, I have better in the box of end of the world stuff in the back of the Forester.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    In the summer, I roll up my Ryker and carry it in the cargo pocket of my shorts.

Side note: I need a covert tourniquet holder. Ideas welcome.
    At least one of our SWAT guys has tourniquet and gloves in an ankle setup when he is not in uniform. Unless he points it out its generally invisible.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I used to carry a RAT but apparently they suck and I've not gotten a tourniquet holder I like for regular attire. I am objectively less prepared for bad things happening due to that. But I accept the risk of having it in the car instead of on me. Side note: I need a covert tourniquet holder. Ideas welcome.
    For those using a RATS, here are two options- (1) run through your belt loops; and (2) run the RATS down the length of your leg with the cleat sticking out the top of your waistband. Choose inseam or outseam for comfort. If wearing shorts, put the end of the RATS in the cleat so it's half-length. If it's too annoying, or you're shorter than that, this won't work.

For a regular TQ like a CAT or TQ, most people do better if they think of it like a cell phone. Flat fold the SOFTT-W as here:

الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    This thing?

https://www.amazon.com/AFAK-Ankle-Fi...dp/B01K1N51B8/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Yep, but mine is OD, because OD is the new tactical black.

The owner of the company posts here occasionally. I bought them for all the narc detectives when I was a sergeant at my old department. Everyone really liked them (and cops love to complain about everything).

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    This one:
    https://www.rykernylongear.com/

I believe it’s designed by a forum member.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I’ve been used a Safer Faster Defense Responder 2.0 for several years. It’s one of the more comfortable ankle rigs I’ve tried. I have a SOF-T wide, a compression vacuum sealed gauze, a twin pack of mini chest seals, and a pair of gloves. It works best when wearing a mid top shoe (I wear Soloman mid boots most days). I also wear it with low top dress shoes, you just have to be thoughtful about your sock choices. It tends to slip down with thin dress socks.

For summer time- the “dad look” with cargo shorts carry everything I need 😁

User Tag List