Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Spare carry mags? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
    No spare magazine , but I do have a NY Reload in my right front pocket all the time.
    Just remember the limitations of pocket carry. For example if you’re seat belted in a vehicle it’s going to feel like an eternity trying to get it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Has your rear sight fallen off yet?
    Nope, not even after I put in the Apex bits.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Just remember the limitations of pocket carry. For example if you’re seat belted in a vehicle it’s going to feel like an eternity trying to get it out.
    True, but it’s not my primary just my reload.

C

Holy sh... PF. Closing out the 2020 with the Troll of the Year. Good discussion and all but, dayum! Carry on.

https://kytexgear.com/product/glock-...e-mag-carrier/

I use these mag pouches for all my carry pistols. Not IWB, but for a G43 mags, it'll be uber flat on the belt.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    https://kytexgear.com/product/glock-...e-mag-carrier/

I use these mag pouches for all my carry pistols. Not IWB, but for a G43 mags, it'll be uber flat on the belt.
    Just be sure they're really on the belt. I use two of those for mag #3 and mag #4 on my belt when shooting USPSA, and I have more than once gone for a reload and had the kytex mag carrier come off of the belt with the mag and then had to shuck it off of the mag before I could get the mag into the gun. Learned the hard way to double check that those clips are really clipped.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Just be sure they're really on the belt. I use two of those for mag #3 and mag #4 on my belt when shooting USPSA, and I have more than once gone for a reload and had the kytex mag carrier come off of the belt with the mag and then had to shuck it off of the mag before I could get the mag into the gun. Learned the hard way to double check that those clips are really clipped.
    I found the kytex pouches to come off with the mag regardless of it being fully "seated" onto the belt.

Shame, as otherwise I really liked the product and ability to easily take off/put on a mag, as I tend to not sit around my house on saturday fully jocked up and don't like having to weave everything onto my belt just for a quick trip out to the store.

That was when I was wearing leather, however. I'm wondering if it would be more secure given I'm mostly wearing Ares Gear nylon belts now. I should probably reorder a couple to try out again.....
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I used to like the kytex pouches as well but have actually broken several at the fold of the clip. My cover garment caught the bottom of the pouch and pulled it upward and after this happening enough they would crack and eventually break.

Due to this i don't carry them any more but do keep a few around for range use/loaners. I wished they did a fixed loop variant to carry, especially since you can't get CCC bmc's anymore.

I've been carrying kytex mag pouches (sometimes more than one) for over a decade. I've never had one come off the belt still attached to the mag - but I only run them on "carry" belts, and I haven't used them for any competition. I did have one break at the clip once after taking a doorway too tight in active shooter training. To be fair, the clip didn't break OFF, but the pouch was off catawampus, and when I took it off the belt I was able to snap the "clip" off with light pressure. The pouch in question was five or six years old, and had been put on and off the belt hundreds of times. It had also survived countless hours of rolling around on the ground during control tactics training , so I consider this failure an acceptable risk.

And, for $18, I'll take the convenience and ease of replacement over anything that's sold on Amazon from an unknown source...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    And, for $18, I'll take the convenience and ease of replacement over anything that's sold on Amazon from an unknown source...
    That's reasonable. I just wish I'd bought more CCC BMCs when they were available - they were (IIRC) $25, so not that much more, and the two that I have (used for carry and for mags #1 and #2 for USPSA) feel significantly more solid than the Kytex ones.

User Tag List