Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NAA Black Widow (as a single action deep conceal BUG)... rapid fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Hamre Forge is making a "Mini Hook" that may help with rapid fire and deep concealment.
    From their website: "The Mini Hook is only available for the NAA Mini 22lr and all 22 Magnum models besides the Sidewinder and the Ranger."
    Picture from Instagram:
    A different company was making these before:

Name:  IMG_0360.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  34.7 KB

In general, I like the deep pocket holsters to hide the gun.

Otherwise clips make the gun look like a pocket knife which still isn’t great for stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    A different company was making these before:

Name:  IMG_0360.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  34.7 KB

In general, I like the deep pocket holsters to hide the gun.

Otherwise clips make the gun look like a pocket knife which still isn’t great for stealth.

To me, the appeal of the Hamr is that lengthening the backstrap would appear to facilitate strong hand only thumb cocking control and dexterity.

I had one with the Revision grip, but it wasn't deep enough for me.

Name:  71DT9MGq9nL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  71.4 KB

I felt that lengthening the grip added little to quick handling.

Be so careful guys! I was working pocket draws with my little .22 Short, it slipped out of my grip after I was able to cock it, landed on the counter pointed at my stomach! I broke out in a sweat, took a couple deep breaths, said a quick prayer. Packed my shit up, walked in to the counter traded it for a loss.

I have a PUG now with a larger grip. I love tinkering with the littles but that was too close. I was worink with a tiny Iver Johnson one day, I pulled slide back to load and cock it and the round went off with chamber open, lots of little shrapnel, no injury. I got rid of most my little .25s.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Be so careful guys! I was working pocket draws with my little .22 Short, it slipped out of my grip after I was able to cock it, landed on the counter pointed at my stomach! I broke out in a sweat, took a couple deep breaths, said a quick prayer. Packed my shit up, walked in to the counter traded it for a loss.
    Not to sound like a guy who's never made a mistake or error in judgment, but it seems like you were practicing draws with a loaded gun. Why?
    I'm assuming it was loaded based on your reaction after it was cocked and dropped... If it really was empty why the fear?

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Not to sound like a guy who's never made a mistake or error in judgment, but it seems like you were practicing draws with a loaded gun. Why?
    I'm assuming it was loaded based on your reaction after it was cocked and dropped... If it really was empty why the fear?
    It sounded like he was at the range and shooting drills from a pocket draw to actual shooting on target... and one got away from him.

Funny thing, when I was trying to do the 3 shots in one second thing off a draw I was concerned enough that I put soft armor in my pants when drawing from appendix.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It sounded like he was at the range and shooting drills from a pocket draw to actual shooting on target... and one got away from him.

Funny thing, when I was trying to do the 3 shots in one second thing off a draw I was concerned enough that I put soft armor in my pants when drawing from appendix.
    And now I feel like a total dumbass... How did I not envision that obvious scenario? Sheesh.

Yeah, was actually goin slow from a low ready, tryin to get the cocking part down. It was all JCN fault🙂

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Yeah, was actually goin slow from a low ready, tryin to get the cocking part down. It was all JCN fault🙂
    Oh shit, sorry!

Exposed trigger derringer type guns scare me. I knew a woman who carried a .45 derringer in her purse, loose. Her husband warned her multiple times that this was a bad idea. Then one day, she tipped the purse and the gun fell out onto the kitchen floor. It was cocked, and likely had been for a long time. Husband confiscated the derringer.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

OT, but, I knew a guy who used the old school trick of suspending a dinky .22LR NAA mini off of a bore cleaning brush head sewn into back side of a necktie. Sounds retarded, but the gun stayed put. So did the tie, evidently.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List