Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 round Firearms

From a political point of view, I personally doubt (and hope!) that a Biden/Harris administration will be able to accomplish anything that Obama couldn't.

I have my 10mm 1911s, and that's a 10 round gun. If I were going to use 10 rounders in my 9mm Glocks, then I'd probably try the MagPuls. On the rifle side, I think it would be easy to get 10 round AR mags, and I'm slowly working on a big-bore AK that I'd also be comfortable using 10 rounders in. As has been stated earlier, if I'm going to be limited to 10, I'd rather use something more powerful than intermediate cartiridges. Garands are interesting, and if I ever really just had to have 10 round long gun, I'd go that route.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    New to the Internet, Pilgrim?
    Next up, 45 vs 9! (I mean why settle for a lesser round if capacity is no longer a consideration, right?)
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Jesus this again
    If we only talk about new stuff here, there will be about ten posts a week.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Next up, 45 vs 9! (I mean why settle for a lesser round if capacity is no longer a consideration, right?)
    Trick question. That presumes the availability of ammo, legal or otherwise. Slingshots, blowguns, and clubs.

"Just one word...Bludgeons!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Trick question. That presumes the availability of ammo, legal or otherwise. Slingshots, blowguns, and clubs.

"Just one word...Bludgeons!"
    What about archery? Tell me we're not ruling out bows and arrows!!!

I'm not American and should not interfere too much into your internal affairs. But since some people like my previous post, I ask this question:

What do you think about writing letters/e-mails to the politicians who want your vote? I think, when the EU commission - especially Juncker - tried to steal our gun rights, this really helped. The EU parlamentarians got so many letters from the people as never before. Made them think twice. But Juncker tried his best to get his BS through. There was also talk about banning self-loading weapons at all. Much of this BS could be repelled, not all.

Jean-Claude Juncker, former President of the EU commission who obviously had an alcohol problem, once revealed how wannabe tyrants operate (maybe unintentionally because he was drinking too much):

"Wir beschließen etwas, stellen das dann in den Raum und warten einige Zeit ab, was passiert. Wenn es dann kein großes Geschrei gibt und keine Aufstände, weil die meisten gar nicht begreifen, was da beschlossen wurde, dann machen wir weiter - Schritt für Schritt, bis es kein Zurück mehr gibt."
    -- de.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Juncker

Machine Translation:

"We decide something, put it in the room and wait a while to see what happens. If there is no great clamor and no uproar because most people don't even understand what has been decided, then we continue - step by step, until there is no turning back."

So I think writing reasonable letters to your politicians and expressing that you want to keep your gun rights and won't vote them, if they take your rights away, makes a difference.

I also would like to learn how you Americans resist against the taking of your rights. Maybe your methods can help us Germans, too.

PS:
    And this was really great:

German hunters protesting against bad law in the making. Acknowledged sport shooters and licensed hunters are the greatest groups of gun owners in Germany. Do you believe the hunters' protest helped? Be sure it did! It was a peaceful but huge protest. Had the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You should just double down and go straight to a J frame for 5 rounds. That way you’re extra double compliant in terms of mother may I
    This was the method of the German gun owner's - or better said of their organisations - for decades. Did not help. Our gun rights are not nearly as good as yours now. But I feel my fellow Germans had enough now. Real resistance is forming, here.
    Last edited by P30; 12-27-2020 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    I hesitate to rely upon high tech solutions.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Spears and atlatls? Slingshots ("Good enough for King David..")?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by P30 View Post
    I'm not American and should not interfere too much into your internal affairs. But since some people like my previous post, I ask this question:

What do you think about writing letters/e-mails to the politicians who want your vote? I think, when the EU commission - especially Juncker - tried to steal our gun rights, this really helped. The EU parlamentarians got so many letters from the people as never before. Made them think twice. But Juncker tried his best to get his BS through. There was also talk about banning self-loading weapons at all. Much of this BS could be repelled, not all.

Jean-Claude Juncker, former President of the EU commission who obviously had an alcohol problem, once revealed how wannabe tyrants operate (maybe unintentionally because he was drinking too much):

"Wir beschließen etwas, stellen das dann in den Raum und warten einige Zeit ab, was passiert. Wenn es dann kein großes Geschrei gibt und keine Aufstände, weil die meisten gar nicht begreifen, was da beschlossen wurde, dann machen wir weiter - Schritt für Schritt, bis es kein Zurück mehr gibt."
    -- de.wikiquote.org/wiki/Jean-Claude_Juncker

Machine Translation:

"We decide something, put it in the room and wait a while to see what happens. If there is no great clamor and no uproar because most people don't even understand what has been decided, then we continue - step by step, until there is no turning back."

So I think writing reasonable letters to your politicians and expressing that you want to keep your gun rights and won't vote them, if they take your rights away, makes a difference.

I also would like to learn how you Americans resist against the taking of your rights. Maybe your methods can help us Germans, too.
    Many of us here, maybe most of us, have contributed money to organizations to lobby on our behalf...and...regularly write our representatives to support legislation which preserves and strengthens our rights.

Unfortunately, they are not a guarantee of success, as one can readily see from reading the news on any given day. I hesitate to predict what the future holds legislatively, and what the repercussions might be given various possible outcomes.

It doesn't seem to me that politicians have been entirely moved by the fear of not being reelected in this regard, despite the number of firearms owners in this country, or the financial clout of the manufacturers in the industry.

We shall see where the road leads.

Quote Originally Posted by WeepingAngel View Post
    Correct

And on topics like this - I mean I get it

But when has giving the bully your lunch money ever made him really leave you alone?

Imo most folks who have even the slightest amount of vigor in their veins have already maxed their capacity for purposeful compliance.

At some point we have to realize even tying your shoes will become illegal if you allow it.

User Tag List