Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 round Firearms

10 round Firearms

I've been thinking about the Biden-Harris ticket, the potential gun control bills and I've been wondering about a pistol and rifle that isn't likely to be targeted (IMO, it's gonna be about capacity and "assault weapon" features).

I'm thinking a G48, a lever action in 357/38 and a semi auto 12 gauge (a 1301 sans pistol grip).

What are your thoughts, what would you consider? Or am I being overly concerned about a '94 AWB-style bill happening again?
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

If I stick with my current firearms...

S&W 642-1
    Glock 26 (x 2)
    Remington 870

And a handful of 10 round mags for my AR

If I need more than that, chances are I won't be around for the after action report.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Jesus this again

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Jesus this again
    New to the Internet, Pilgrim?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    My choice mirror Blues for the SD selection. I would add a Mini-14 for a NYS compliant 223.

About the chances of the AWB - there are two views:

1. Hair on fire and it's coming for you.
    2. Disagree with that and mention the real processes and get the evil eye. But, the factors - getting through the filibuster (they will eliminate it - even though Biden and some Democrats don't want to do that).
    3. Biden realizes that a ban would be a campaign motivator and does little beside yap about it.
    4. The new and improved Scotus would void it (who knows?)
    5. Threats -
    a. Local state bans that are easier to pass.
    b. Some horror show generates a moral panic such that the 'pro' folks fold. That supposedly almost happened after Las Vegas but Trump was diverted to the bump ban.
    c. If there is a new ban will it take out the old guns, no grandfathering and compliant guns like the Minis or NYS compliant ARs with 10 round mags.
    The anti gun folks have figured out the compliant guns and the nice ones like the minis. They will be in a ban that just takes out semis.
    6. Bury guns, throw them in the favor and the usual blather of the Internet. Buried and hidden guns are useless. Saying you lost yours won't fool a truly intensive confiscation.

@blues,

Would you still use an AR with 10 round mags if you had to convert your AR to California compliant?

Haven't stayed up to date on the law, but I think current law says you must disassemble in order to load:

(first 70 seconds)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7msThWgSXrA

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Jesus this again
    I haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time online and see threads of this topic. However, I wonder what you refer to:

The worry of an AWB,
    or my inquiry into "AWB-safe" firearms?

If I was American, I would transfer money to the NRA now. And write to the politicians who want my vote.

In Germany, high-capacity mags are in the process of being banned. I did what I could to prevent it as did many others, too. Helped a little bit. High-cap mags, which we owned before a certain date, will be "grandfathered" (do you call it this way?). But we collected money and will sue against the ban and more worsenings of our gun rights at the German supreme court ("Bundesverfassungsgericht"). This is also an ongoing process.

PS:
    I bought another AR, when this BS in the EU was in the making. Martin Luther said:

"Und wenn ich wüsste, dass morgen die Welt untergeht,
    würde ich heute noch ein Apfelbäumchen pflanzen."

Translation:

"And if I knew the world will end tomorrow,
    I would plant an apple tree today."

I like this kind of spirit.
    Last edited by P30; 12-27-2020 at 02:35 PM.

Ar 15
    Glock 17
    Pirate flag

Call it civil disobedience if you want. But any chance of compliance went out the window for me after this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    I haven't had the opportunity to spend a lot of time online and see threads of this topic. However, I wonder what you refer to:

The worry of an AWB,
    or my inquiry into "AWB-safe" firearms?
    You should just double down and go straight to a J frame for 5 rounds. That way you’re extra double compliant in terms of mother may I

User Tag List