Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 round Firearms

I’d love to weigh in on this, but I lost all my guns recently.

Just bad luck, I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    I read a couple of the books, he lost me when it was authoritatively stated that the 45-70 was very unusual chambering, so it pretty much narrowed the killer down to owning rare antique guns like a Sharps.

Like so many things, it could have been so much better with just a little effort, but once again we have to suspend our disbelief over such things.

Tony Hillerman wrote about his characters taking the safety off on their S&W duty revolvers. Gads.
    I've seen at least 2 TV shows where they added the sound of a hammer cocking to a Glock.

Quote Originally Posted by NWshooter View Post
    I’d love to weigh in on this, but I lost all my guns recently.

Just bad luck, I guess
    Same here. I don’t know what I was thinking bringing them all on a boating trip.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    The fact anybody would comply with anything let alone preemptively plan to comply makes me sick

What sucks for Californians including myself is that there are certain major cities we can’t use or possess greater than 10 round magazines and it’s not something I want to be the test case on. Unfortunately I feel this will be one of the next step for the left to make local bans in Dem strongholds and have businesses put up enforceable no gun signs.

The fact anybody would comply with anything let alone preemptively plan to comply makes me sick
    Because despite all the chest pounding, grand standing, soapboxing, and incessant chanting of “MUH RAHTS!”, we live in a world where if I’m stopped by LE for ANY reason whatsoever and it’s discovered that I am in possession of something “illegal” for ANY reason whatsoever I’m now in for a hell of a legal fight and very few people will be willing to do more than toss a couple Washingtons into my GoFundMe account to help with legal funds.

So yeah, I hate it too, but at the same time the law is the law and I can’t defend my family with even a J-frame if I’m behind bars for carrying a G19 that had a 15-round magazine with ALL of my guns now confiscated.

To answer the OPs question: just find something you shoot well that accepts reliable 10-round magazines and drive on. Attempting to find the “perfect” ban state gun pre-supposes you know what the antis who are trying to ban what you already have actually care about not taking EVERY gun you own and NOT coming up with the most ridiculous legislation imaginable. I mean, seriously, Feinstein still thinks we need to outlaw the “shoulder thing that goes up”.

Have a backup plan for capacity restrictions, but also completely understand that it probably won’t be enough and you’ll need to find a completely different solution in a short amount of time.

You do you, but I prefer to not end up with a felony conviction and like my asshole watertight. The place to battle this stuff is in the courts and legislatures.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    10 round firearm? (looks, sees this thread is in GD)

Barrett M107A1. Accept no substitutes.

Now available with a handy 20in barrel for easy daily carry!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

If Im understanding correctly, then Im glad someone is ready to be the test case on this.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Because despite all the chest pounding, grand standing, soapboxing, and incessant chanting of “MUH RAHTS!”, we live in a world where if I’m stopped by LE for ANY reason whatsoever and it’s discovered that I am in possession of something “illegal” for ANY reason whatsoever I’m now in for a hell of a legal fight and very few people will be willing to do more than toss a couple Washingtons into my GoFundMe account to help with legal funds.

So yeah, I hate it too, but at the same time the law is the law and I can’t defend my family with even a J-frame if I’m behind bars for carrying a G19 that had a 15-round magazine with ALL of my guns now confiscated.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You do you, but I prefer to not end up with a felony conviction and like my asshole watertight. The place to battle this stuff is in the courts and legislatures.
    ^^^ These.

If one doesnt travel much, it may or may not influence their decision. I have to travel cross country off and on, have someone elderly dependent on me to help take care of them, have very little financial resources for completely preventable legal issues, and choose to live without concern if Im stopped for a traffic infraction, get in a wreck, or perhaps worst of all, have to defend myself in unknown areas and with zero local moral support. Add in that most of the things I choose to use for outdoor activities as well as defense arent affected by the anticipated legal challenges. Yes, I can leave the one plastic gun at home or whatever and not really notice much difference in my life or anything I do. Im planning to see Death Valley at some point and spend some time there in the back country, I wouldnt even have to plan to leave anything in Az to go.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I’m going to put this out there, and half expect to be pummeled for it.

Before I was medically invalided from my semi sworn position with the county I was having a discussion with one of our deputies. He’s a good enough guy, a typical modern day cop - young, former .MIL, not a shooter. This wasn’t long after IL finally got CCW and he just had his first encounter with a traffic stop and civ carry. The motorist did everything I consider to be right - IL doesn’t have a requirement to notify, but most of us who aren’t “muh rights” types know that handing over your FCCL with your DL on first encounter is a good way of defusing a potentially stressful situation. He was curious, and asked the guy what he was carrying, and was somewhat shocked to hear it was basically the same as what the deputy himself had - a G19 and two reloads.

When we were talking he (the deputy) mentioned to me that he expected something like what I most often carried at the time - a Shield IWB and no reload. He wasn’t suspicious of the G19 carrier, but kept coming back to the perception that the guy was “loaded for bear.” I did my best to try and get him thinking that the carrier was just being prepared (he was heading into one of the rougher areas of the largest city in the county) but don’t know how successful I was - he kept coming back to the fact that he himself “only” carried a G26 off duty.

My point is that there is a perception issue in play with many LEOs. Yes, I will upgun when I feel the need, but it seems like the average law dog can understand the desire and need for a civ to carry something for defense - but a big rig can raise their eyebrows. In a way, choosing a smaller defensive handgun is a form of Gray Man.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List