Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 135 +P Nyclads

Site Supporter

125 +P Nyclads

So what do we think of these in a 642. I apologize for not reading through various threads to find this. My bad.

The reason I ask is that when I moved, I shot out most of my 38s. I kept a box of the Nyclads as they were 'unusual'. Since I didn't get my guns back for a year, I didn't restock 38s and then the PANIC hit.

So I've loaded the 642 with these guys and a speed strip for pocket gun days. If ammo frees up I will switch to one of our more up to date options.

Yeah, yes, I know if I hit someone in the right place and shot placement and etc. I have shot snubbies quite a bit so I'm familiar with their quirks. I have been carry my 432 more and I did bring most of the high end ammo for it to NY. It sat in the basement for a year.

I should have kept my 9mm Nyclads, just because - but I shot them out years ago.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 12-27-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm guessing you meant 125s, don't think they were produced in 135-grain versions.

Assuming they shoot to POA, I'd carry them until you can update your supply. Damned sure beats a sharp stick.

Site Supporter
    Duh, typo. I will post a picture of my sharp stick later. It's pretty wicked.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Duh, typo. I will post a picture of my sharp stick later. It's pretty wicked.
    But is it wicked sharp?

Site Supporter
    Sharp stick - whittled from an old oak branch, 20 inches long, very sharp point!

Name:  sharp stick 2.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  48.8 KB

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    What, if any, are the alternatives you have on hand?
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    Quite a bit. Glocks with 9mm and various recommended loads, 32 and 327 Hornady Critical Defense, wadcutters, Federal 32 HR mag for J frames in those calibers, 45 ACP with recommended Federal, Hornady rounds.

Just was asking about this particular gun. I usually carry a Glock but in the weather, considering which pocket J frame frame for the outer pocket. I have a G42 but I only have some crappy FMJ for it - having shot out all the good stuff (same story). I'm not sure I want that for a parka pocket anyway.

I wonder if the current powder coated bullets are functionally equivalent to the old nyclads. A powder coated FBI load could be interesting, especially if it was hot enough (think Buffalo Bore.)

The +P version has slightly harder lead alloy than the standard pressure "Chief's Special" loading.

Relatively good expansion from 2" barrels is possible, but a fully expanded 125gr Nyclad will only penetrate about 10 inches of ballistic gelatin.

https://web.archive.org/web/20131103.../38special.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Sharp stick - whittled from an old oak branch, 20 inches long, very sharp point!

Name:  sharp stick 2.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  48.8 KB
    A sharpened Shillelagh......fun

User Tag List