Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LTT front sight walking out

LTT front sight walking out

Hey all. The front sight on my LTT Compact RDO continues to walk itself out. I've tapped it back in place with a nylon punch multiple times but it continues to loosen and start moving out again.

Should I try using Loctite 262 on the dovetail and reinstall it again to see if that works or should I just send it in to LTT for an entirely new front sight?? Not sure I can get the sight anywhere else at this point?

Thanks for any feedback or help!

Best to remove the sight, clean / degrease, and use loctite.
    Taking a break from social media.

Student
    I noticed mine starting to drift when it was interfering with holstering at one class, so I tapped it back in (without Loctite) only to lose it entirely in another class a week later.

This is on my trainer so I'll probably contact LTT for a new one some time after the new year starts.

Just contact LTT.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Yung View Post
    I noticed mine starting to drift when it was interfering with holstering at one class, so I tapped it back in (without Loctite) only to lose it entirely in another class a week later.

This is on my trainer so I'll probably contact LTT for a new one some time after the new year starts.
    Thanks Yung. You are running the compact as well IIRC??

Student
    Yep. I'm about 2500 rounds in on the one I use in classes.

I wonder if LTT can stake the sights.

For a sight set that is not going to be played with I really like the front site staked.

Edit: I missed that this forum section was for armorers. Will leave it to the pros and not add non-armorer fixes.
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 12-28-2020 at 08:14 PM.

I don’t have a PF credential for “armorer” but I do have a gunsmithing degree. First, check with LTT since it’s their product. If that wasn’t ever an option I would use an auto center punch to stipple the base of it to add raised material to increase the material height, friction and tightness of the dovetail. Since you aren’t on a stranded island with an auto center punch available I’d go ahead and contact LTT.

I bought an NP3 mag guide as well and the pin hole won’t line up for me to install, even without the hammer spring. So I think the whole thing is gonna go back for the sight and mag guide. I’m just hoping they’re not too busy. I have a feeling they are crushed by demand for RDO stuff and I could be on my own.

User Tag List