Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MGW Pro sight tool

MGW Pro sight tool

Can anyone recommend these?

I was banging on my HK P30 front sight tonight with a hammer and brass punch. Cant move it. I would like a universal tool for 1911, Sig and HK. I mess around with sights enough to merit the $300 these things cost if they work well.

I have a Sight Pusher Tool (Fisher) but it doesn't work very well. Every time I use it I want to throw the GD thing in the garbage.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Tagged for interest.

I too have a Fisher, and man what a PITA it is to use.

Top 5 gun tool purchase ever, not even sure what the other 4 are. Does exactly what you think it will do, change any sights you want with ease. Have used on Beretta 92 and PX4 (notoriously tight rear sights), HK P30 and USP, numerous Glock slim and normal, and Walther PPS.

At home I use it in the vice for initial installs, take it to the range to fine tune.

If you own more than 1 pistol brand it’s worth it weight and cost.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Borrowed one from a buddy to change a Glock rear sight, some years back. The entire experience was pretty... unremarkable. Which I think gives compliment of the tool.

Fantastic, super well-made tool.

They are absolutely worth the money. I've changed sights out on every manner of Glock from the slim lines to the fullsize, H&K USP's, P2000's, P30's and VP9s, Sig P365's and XL's, you name it they were all a piece of cake with the Pro tool. Being able to buy a shoe to fit whatever gun you wish to change sights out on makes the tool invaluable IMHO. The tool mounts perfectly into a bench vice which is really nice. Being able to lock the slide in left and right and top to bottom prevents risk of damage to slide rails. It comes with derlin and I believe lead shims. I don't remember what material the metal shims were.

You can adjust where the "U" shaped clamp sits on the sights for drifting them by adjusting the height of the derlin chock on the top which can be replaced if need be, the tool can easily be stripped and oiled to prevent rusting. When I swapped front sighs on the XP365 I just reversed the top half to allow the front of the slide to run far enough back to slide the into the recessed portion of the lower block. This sight pusher is the best sight tool I have ever used. You will not be disappointed.

I hope this helps you.

I wish I would have purchased mine years ago.

Changing sights at home without having to use a hammer and a vise is nice. Being able to fine tune your zero at the range is a game changer.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have one for Glocks and it's great.

It's $270 at Midway right now... Just sayin.

It's good - my shop has one.

Have you considered the Wheeler Engineering sight adjustment tool? It's 99% of the MGW and considerably less ($140).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3NU0U2

I've used it for Beretta 92 (front/rear), CZ, 1911, Glock and others. Works very well. It's a bit more fiddly to get the slide locked down but it's well made and once you get it figured out is solid.

User Tag List