Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Am I the only guy that doesn't like the Gen5 trigger?

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I like all of the ones I've owned from Gen 2 to Gen 5.

Clearly, there's just something wrong with the boy.
    I have a Gen 3, 3 Gen 4s, and 2 Gen 5s, and I find them nearly identical, though I like the finish on the 5s and the curvy corners. Trigger wise, they're almost indistinguishable. My favorite is probably my Gen 4 17 but that's just because it is the one with the most rounds, most likely.

Maybe starting the first decade-ish of my shooting career on DA/SA hammer guns just made all striker guns feel pretty dang close.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I think I'm just a cheap date and easy to please.

If it goes bang every time and puts the rounds pretty much where I intended...it's done its part.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Of all my glocks(3-5) I prefer my gen 3 vickers with a Glock minus connector.
    It is very easy for me to run that trigger at speed vs my carry gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I’m with you.

The old Gen2 & 3 triggers before the dogleg trigger bar we’re pretty dang good.

The ones since aren’t the same. Unpredictable and more overtravel.

Agree completely.

My circa 1989 Gen Two G19s and Gen Three G26 have excellent, smooth-as-buttered-glass triggers (admittedly
    after a little polishing of all the linkage parts).

The Gen Four triggers were definitely the worst of all, but Gen Five triggers are still under par compared to Gens Two & Three.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

The Glock design is just one of those serendipitous things, that happens maybe once in a lifetime. Look at it critically. It looks like crap and has a blocky shape that makes concealment harder. Feels almost as bad as it looks when you hold it, and on top of that, points funny. Has plastic magazines and a plastic frame which takes more width than necessary and sometimes requires the Glock shake to get the mag falling. Pre Gen 5 pistols dribbled brass everywhere, and you quickly learned to wear a long sleeve shirt when shooting it. Accuracy was so so. The front sight wants to twist as you tighten it, accentuating a left shooting tendency. Did I forget to say many to most people shoot them to the left. The Glock requires you to death grip the pistol to make the gun function, as the frame is so light. Lots of shooter elbow issues come from strangling a Glock. The trigger has 4-7 walls, if that is how you want to describe the gravel before the trigger breaks.

Yet with all that, I have been carrying a Glock for decades, and it is the first pistol I would grab if there was trouble. Go figure.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yet with all that, I have been carrying a Glock for decades, and it is the first pistol I would grab if there was trouble. Go figure.
    You're starting to sound like me. That can't be good for either of us.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I've only been able to shoot an early G19.5 and I really liked it and will have one someday. The trigger reminded me of an HK LEM, only shorter, with a smoother pull than any previous Glocks I have shot.

I hated the G19.4 that I had, like the G19.2 and 3, but not enough to shoot on a regular basis.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I've no talent, patience, or frustration tolerance to deal with Gen4 or older out of box triggers. I can manage without excessive amount of curse words if Gen4 has a minus connector and 5 lbs striker spring but then it isn't a Gen4 anymore.
    Gen5 I am ok out of the box with, 5 lbs spring is desirable but optional.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Glock triggers are Glock triggers. If I had to pick my favorite Glock triggers have been well used Gen 3’s. For me I don’t really think it makes a difference in actually shooting performance between a Gen 3-5 though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Gen 5 is the best out of the box trigger in a Glock I've experienced. Never fired a Gen 1. Maybe after eleventy-bajillion dry fires the Gen 2s are as good as some of you seem to recall, I recall it more like stirring a bucket of sand with a broken boat oar.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List