Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only guy that doesn't like the Gen5 trigger?

Differences in Glock triggers are definitely felt in dry fire, but I am not sure how much difference they make in live fire. Gripping hard equalizes many triggers.

If trigger was so important, Glocks wouldn’t do as well as they do in competition.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My g45 started off decent and had a nice rolling type break type quality to it. Then it started getting gritty and developed hitches. I don’t really notice it unless I am doing a slow trigger press. My striker lug plating is flaking we’re it contacts the back of the cruciform.

I think the problem with the gen 5 triggers seems to be multi faceted for different people.

I guess the rub with Glock is that they don’t care to do anything about it. They sell everyone they make and more. Most of the trigger issues could probably be easily corrected with a better process or coating but who are we? They don’t need to do anything and they will still sell. Make minor changes to a product and they sell like hot cakes, change the color and sell 100k+ of them.

It would be awesome if Glock used higher quality components and coatings but at the end of the day how much of it really matters?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    It would be awesome if Glock used higher quality components and coatings but at the end of the day how much of it really matters?
    For the enthusiast who shoots enough to make problems show up, replacing a $20 part (that really costs less) is not that big a deal, but raising the price a few dollars (or taking a few dollars less profit to keep the price the same) makes a dent across the other million guns you sell.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    No love for Gen 1’s?

Attachment 65284
    Probably the best variation of the G19, given it’s a shortened G17 grip. The Gen 2 and 3 are awkward to me. The Gen 4 without back-strap works better for me.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I think it's a bit funny how many people saying they preferred the older triggers are simultaneously talking about the changes they made to the older triggers.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I think it's a bit funny how many people saying they preferred the older triggers are simultaneously talking about the changes they made to the older triggers.
    Not necessarily "changes" per se, just the same trigger-linkage polishing that many us do with each and every Glock they've owned, regardless of generation.

Without using anything but OEM parts on any Glock I've owned (which includes 11 guns in all generations but the first), the Gen 2 and 3 guns' triggers smoothed up fine; the Gen 4 & 5 guns' triggers not as much.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Yep, that's accurate in my case. With Gen 3s and 4s I always used an OEM minus connector to get the trigger in the 5 lb range as I measure them. With my Gen 5s I've left the dot connectors undisturbed and measured with my scale, they're about there too.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Probably the best variation of the G19, given it’s a shortened G17 grip. The Gen 2 and 3 are awkward to me. The Gen 4 without back-strap works better for me.

Grip chop a 19X or 45 and that’s what you’ll have.

I've never personally changed any trigger...Gen 2, 2.5, 4 or 5. Agency armorer made mandated changes (NY triggers) on gov't and personal guns if we qualified and carried them.

I believe they were replaced to the current standard triggers when I sent those guns in to Glock / Smyrna for upgrade of internals and repairs in the last couple of years.

Never would have bothered on my own.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

I don't remember if anyone posted it earlier in the thread, but I'll note... Current gen5 trigger is like the old-school NY1/(-) combination some have done for years. The old style black NY leaf was better for that than the current OD NY1 with the integrated coil.

I much prefer the gen5 trigger to the earlier.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

User Tag List