Thread: Beretta 92A1 with threaded barrel?

Beretta 92A1 with threaded barrel?

I noticed a couple of 92A1s in my local gun shop (near Charlotte, NC) week with threaded barrels. I am visiting my mother in Columbia, SC now and see the same thing? Is there an increase in demand for threaded barrels? What are thoughts about threaded barrels if you would not ever use a suppressor? Is there a downside to a threaded barrel if you don’t need one?

I see no downside but that's just me. I also don't care that the new style safety decocker looks larger. Some people really like the short barrel like the old EIIs had, so a threaded barrel wouldn't be popular w/ them. I came back to edit because I had a thought on a possible downside- holster fit might need to be considered.

The Beretta website describes the 92A1 as having an aggressively beveled mag well also. Mine 2015 version 92A1 does not have a beveled mag well. Has Beretta added that feature to new 92A1s? I’m wondering if they are changing it up some? The Beretta website does not show or describe a threaded barrel as a feature of a 92A1.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I see no downside but that's just me. I also don't care that the new style safety decocker looks larger. Some people really like the short barrel like the old EIIs had, so a threaded barrel wouldn't be popular w/ them. I came back to edit because I had a thought on a possible downside- holster fit might need to be considered.
    So the 92A1 barrel is listed as 4.9” and extends past the slide unlike the 92X or Brig Tacs. I guess your holster fit comment implies the threaded barrel extends even more than the non-threaded version of 92A1?

Threaded barrels are just fine with me. I have the UG/SR CZ P09 with threaded barrel as well as a CZ P-01 Omega UG/SR and I just run a HB Industries Mini-Comp on them and love it.

Site Supporter
    My 92A1 could have a threaded muzzle and it would be fine with me. It doesn’t have a flared or beveled mag well, either, but that would be fine, too. I’m more likely to put a flared magwell on it than any other mod at this point, b/c the one reason I don’t shoot it too often now is pinching my pinkie on reloads.

I’m reading that threaded barrels will make them more likely to be a problem regarding assault weapon definitions and gun confiscation by the incoming administration (Biden/Harris).

Quote Originally Posted by Rmiked View Post
    So the 92A1 barrel is listed as 4.9” and extends past the slide unlike the 92X or Brig Tacs. I guess your holster fit comment implies the threaded barrel extends even more than the non-threaded version of 92A1?
    I was thinking of the threaded barrel that is standard on an M9A3. W/o actually measuring them I call the LTT barrel a flush fit length. The regular 92 barrel a 1/4 inch beyond flush. The M9A3 barrel 1/2 inch beyond flush. The 92A1 barrel to me fits in the 1/4 inch category. Looking at specs here;
    https://www.beretta.com/en-us/pistol...SA#mpp=24&pg=3
    Beretta says the LTT has a 4.7, the standard 92fs and the 92A1 are listed as 4.9 and the M9A3 (threaded barrel) as 5.0. It sure looks like more than .1 inch longer to me.
    But Beretta sure messes w/ us. The parts listing for the tan M9A3 barrel says it is 4.9.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bar...aded/jbm9a3th/
    They list the plain black barrel as 4.9 also.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bar...lack/jb92blk9/
    And then they list a black threaded barrel as 5.0.
    https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/bar...ed-bbl/jb92th/
    What a mess. I have never bought a threaded barrel as a part but my M9A3 barrel sure isn't the same length as my other 92 barrels.

User Tag List