Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Non-MOS Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Nice. Now that I am sold on dots I am going through the same dilemma. My current plan is to a G26 and a G19 slide off to AOS for their cut + ACRO plates and then to get 2 ACROs to go with them, but I tapped my gun funds for the year on an AR upper + all the parts needed to fully rebuild my AR pistol into something nicer. This is my next big gun purchase planned, however. hopefully Aimpoint releases the P-2 between now and when I have the money set aside
    Any reason you favor the battery eating Acro over the new Holosun closed emitter pistol offering?

https://www.holosun.com/index/produc...il/id/117.html

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Any reason you favor the battery eating Acro over the new Holosun closed emitter pistol offering?

I want to get dots on two guns I trust for carry first, and I trust the Aimpoint products more than the holosun. I'm happy with the P-1 I have now. I'll be saving up for this and hopefully Aimpoint drops the improved ACRO in the interim.

For non-carry guns I'd be perfectly happy with any of the holosuns I am sure.

edit: FWIW I've had my ACRO on ~7 since I got it back in september/october, battery still going strong. Setting 8/10 was more than bright enough for shooting yesterday in the bright CO sunshine. Next time I change the battery I'll leave in on 8 and see how long it lasts.
    Last edited by Nephrology; 12-26-2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

In a context of this thread (adapter plate enabled slides), the aftermarket Holosun adapters are vaporware. Both of my G19 Glocks are adapter enabled, one is Unity Atom, another Agency AOS. I can't get a plate for Holosun. Unity doesn't have one, Agency doesn't offer one for retail purchase. The Acro plate I can get from both.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

No MOS, no problem. or ?

Use the rear sight's dovetail.

Wild.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ltapoint-micro

It appears one's normal iron sight "index" might translate straight to this micro. Wild.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    No MOS, no problem. or ?

Use the rear sight's dovetail.

Wild.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ltapoint-micro

It appears one's normal iron sight "index" might translate straight to this micro. Wild.
    I’d rather do something like a raven concealment Baylor mount with an RMR.

That small window is going to be an issue shooting one-handed and in unconventional positions. Hard pass.

Wanted to give everyone an update. This has been a 3-4 month project with a bunch of run around.

I sent my slide to CH Precision and had my slide milled for a MOS cut. The rear sight dovetail was milled in front of the MOS plate due to it being a Gen 4. I mailed slide out in January 2021. Got a call in early February and they advised that the new rear sight dovetail was cut out of spec. CH requested that I send my send my Holosun 509T and Taran Tactical MOS sights to them for fitting. I mailed the parts and it was crickets. I called at the end of Feb and was told that the slide was finished. Two more weeks pass and nothing arrives. I call again. I'm told that the slide is being refinished and should be out in a week.

Sooo...the slide arrived last week. They weren't able to fit my Taran rear sight. It's all filed down and not returnable. Instead, a Savigney rear sight is fitted to the slide. The Taran front sight is attached to the slide. The irons shoot 6 inches high at 25 yards.

I had them attached a CH 509T plate. Now...to the 509T. The rounds...Federal 147 grain FMJ and 147 grain HST hollow points are impacting 4 inches high at 25 yards. The bad news..the optic is maxed out and I can't lower the POI any lower..........

I'm calling them tomorrow..Please beware

Quote Originally Posted by Pasanova View Post
    Wanted to give everyone an update. This has been a 3-4 month project with a bunch of run around.

I sent my slide to CH Precision and had my slide milled for a MOS cut. The rear sight dovetail was milled in front of the MOS plate due to it being a Gen 4. I mailed slide out in January 2021. Got a call in early February and they advised that the new rear sight dovetail was cut out of spec. CH requested that I send my send my Holosun 509T and Taran Tactical MOS sights to them for fitting. I mailed the parts and it was crickets. I called at the end of Feb and was told that the slide was finished. Two more weeks pass and nothing arrives. I call again. I'm told that the slide is being refinished and should be out in a week.

Sooo...the slide arrived last week. They weren't able to fit my Taran rear sight. It's all filed down and not returnable. Instead, a Savigney rear sight is fitted to the slide. The Taran front sight is attached to the slide. The irons shoot 6 inches high at 25 yards.

I had them attached a CH 509T plate. Now...to the 509T. The rounds...Federal 147 grain FMJ and 147 grain HST hollow points are impacting 4 inches high at 25 yards. The bad news..the optic is maxed out and I can't lower the POI any lower..........

I'm calling them tomorrow..Please beware
    That's very unfortunate. I hope you get it worked out.

User Tag List