Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock Non-MOS Dilemma

Glock Non-MOS Dilemma

I finally took the plunge. I'm running a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with a Holosun RDS and am loving it. I have a customized Glock 17 gen 4 with a standard slide. I would like to get the slide milled.

I have a feeling that I'm going to change brands/models of RDS on the pistol as the technology evolves. Does anyone know of a company that utilizes various plates for one cut like Wilson Combat or the standard Glock MOS? I would hate to get my slide milled for a Trijicon RMR and later want to an Aimpoint ACRO for instance.
    Last edited by Pasanova; 12-25-2020 at 11:03 PM.

Agency arms AOS is probably what you're looking for. You can use various adapter plates

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasanova View Post
    I finally took the plunge. I'm running a Glock 17 Gen 5 MOS with a Holosun RDS and am loving it. I have a customized Glock 17 gen 4 with a standard slide. I would like to get the slide milled.

I have a feeling that I'm going to change brands/models of RDS on the pistol as the technology evolves. Does anyone know of a company that utilizes various plates for one cut like Wilson Combat or the standard Glock MOS? I would hate to get my slide milled for a Trijicon RMR and later want to an Aimpoint ACRO for instance.
    Agency arms AOS system and the Unity Tactical ATOM system.

Agency does AOS cuts. Unity only sells ATOM slides but L&M precision can do the ATOM cut.

If it’s a Glock, L&M can also do MOS cuts on non MOS guns.

I asked this same question back in 2017 (Link): Mark of L&M said no regarding Gen 3/4 guns but I think it will apply to Gen5 guns.

FROM Mark in that thread:

The short answer is, no.

The reason being that the rear sight dovetail on a conventional Glock slide is much farther forward than on the MOS slide and there is not room between that and the striker safety plunger for the MOS adapters.

I did such a "conversion" for a customer by milling out the dovetail, TIG welding in material, reshaping the rear of the slide to essentially move the rear dovetail to the MOS location, etc. etc. Turned out to be a major "science fair project" that I wouldn't care to repeat. And for what can reasonably be charged for such work the new minimum wage laws would prevent it anyway.

The ATOM adapter system allows for the swapping of supported optics by changing out the adapter with the limitation of the design being that the rear sight is placed in front of the optic [a whole 'nother internet war in and of itself].

CHPWS can mill a Glock MOS cut in the rear dovetail section of your slide, and cut a new rear sight dovetail in front of the MOS cut. You're probably better off getting the AOS cut from Agency Arms, but I've heard their lead times are incredibly long and it's hard to find AOS plates in stock.

I know this ain't the answer you are looking for but I was faced with a similar dilemma and ended up biting the bullet and buying a used stripped OEM MOS slide which was probably the most economical option.
    I considered the the AOS cut but the lead time is 3+ months, AOS plates are only in stock about once or twice a year and pre-cut AOS slides run $500+.

My specific reasoning was that I am heavily invested in 6354DO holsters and a milled-in RMR won't fit in that holster without dremeling some shroud clearance.

Another option which costs a little more than a mill job is to buy a already cut aftermarket slide. Brownells has RMR cut slides for the Gen 4. I’ve had/have 3 of their slides and I like them.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod121024.aspx

I’m going through the same dilemma w a G26 project I’m working on. Decided on a aftermarket slide for now. I chose an AIM surplus slide because it worked with the RMR to 509T adapter. The brownells slide doesn’t.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Another option which costs a little more than a mill job is to buy a already cut aftermarket slide. Brownells has RMR cut slides for the Gen 4. I’ve had/have 3 of their slides and I like them.

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-pa...rod121024.aspx

I’m going through the same dilemma w a G26 project I’m working on. Decided on a aftermarket slide for now. I chose an AIM surplus slide because it worked with the RMR to 509T adapter. The brownells slide doesn’t.
    Thread drift, but I was giving serious thought to milling my 26.5. That’s on hold now that a 26.5 MOS is showing on the Glock.eu website.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thread drift, but I was giving serious thought to milling my 26.5. That’s on hold now that a 26.5 MOS is showing on the Glock.eu website.
    Name:  8EFB1F0C-076D-44D8-BD8C-9C2CEF4853E4.jpg
Views: 1179
Size:  68.8 KB

I think it’ll be pretty cool when it’s done.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Nice. Now that I am sold on dots I am going through the same dilemma. My current plan is to a G26 and a G19 slide off to AOS for their cut + ACRO plates and then to get 2 ACROs to go with them, but I tapped my gun funds for the year on an AR upper + all the parts needed to fully rebuild my AR pistol into something nicer. This is my next big gun purchase planned, however. hopefully Aimpoint releases the P-2 between now and when I have the money set aside

User Tag List