Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X5 Legion RMR mounting options?

X5 Legion RMR mounting options?

anyone have a preferred mounting plate for a RMR on a brand new Sig X5 legion, including BUIS? My new pistol clears in 14 days and I want to get squared away by then

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    anyone have a preferred mounting plate for a RMR on a brand new Sig X5 legion, including BUIS? My new pistol clears in 14 days and I want to get squared away by then
    Is it brand new ? If it has the current R2 optics cut you should not need an adapter plate.

The R2 cut allows direct mounting of both DPP/Romeo1PRO/Romeo2 pattern and RMR/SRO/Holosun pattern.

Look at the model number on the box if it includes or RDS with “R2” you are GTG.

I believe the current one is 320X5-9-LEGION-R2
    Last edited by HCM; 04-09-2022 at 01:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    Name:  E7208D46-3FC5-4FCD-90C2-36990693DD18.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  48.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Name:  E7208D46-3FC5-4FCD-90C2-36990693DD18.jpg
Views: 1310
Size:  48.9 KB
    The R2 added RMR holes to the M17/18/legion cut.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Is it brand new ? If it has the current R2 optics cut you should not need an adapter plate.

The R2 cut allows direct mounting of both DPP/Romeo1PRO/Romeo2 pattern and RMR/SRO/Holosun pattern.

Look at the model number on the box if it includes or RDS with “R2” you are GTG.

I believe the current one is 320X5-9-LEGION-R2
    it's new, still in the LGS waiting for permit approval. the RMR can mount directly to the slide, but there are no recoil bosses in the slide, so only the screws are absorbing the recoil. I'm leaning toward the FCD plate

it's new, still in the LGS waiting for permit approval. the RMR can mount directly to the slide, but there are no recoil bosses in the slide, so only the screws are absorbing the recoil. I'm leaning toward the FCD plate
    On my carry Legion I used a CHPWS filler plate to mount my 508T. You still screw right to the slide but you get bosses and a little bump at the front to fill the gap.

Name:  PXL_20220410_014137781.MP.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  34.1 KB

https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-w...r-sro-holosun/

OK, ignore that, I just saw you said with BUIS.
    Last edited by MVS; 04-09-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    On my carry Legion I used a CHPWS filler plate to mount my 508T. You still screw right to the slide but you get bosses and a little bump at the front to fill the gap.

Name:  PXL_20220410_014137781.MP.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  34.1 KB

https://chpws.com/product/sig-p320-w...r-sro-holosun/

OK, ignore that, I just saw you said with BUIS.
    So no BUIS for you? Running a tall front sight at least?

Carry guns I use BUIS, that is my IDPA gun so I am not overly concerned about it. Yes, it does have a tall front sight.

I went with the FCD plate, and I'll likely install just a tall front sight for now

If I believed in that sort of thing I would say I jinxed myself. Practicing with the Legion today and felt something hit me int the face, it was the head of one of the mounting screws that broke off. Flush with the slide of course. Oh well, not my favorite gun anyway.

User Tag List