Thread: LE Agencies using Dots--What about FX / UTM?

LE Agencies using Dots--What about FX / UTM?

Just curious to hear from LE running dots. Have you incorporated the dot sighted handgun into force on force training? If so, what method are you using to attach the dot and have you noted any loss of reliability with the addition weight?

SIMUNITION and UTM both appear to sell conversion kits that are capable of working with a dot. Not sure about SIM but UTM recommends the sight weigh no more than 1.5 ounces for the best reliability.

Other methods for installing would include various rear sight adapter plates but my concern here is reliability issues from roo much slide mass.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Our tactics unit has converted a bunch of M&P and M&P 2.0 pistols to dedicated Sims-guns with the blue slide kits (don’t remember which brand - I’ll check later). They used Dueck Defense plates to add RMRs to four of them and have had no issues. I used one for a ballistic shield class and had no issues during two days of Force-on-force.

Site Supporter
    Name:  54ABE61A-53A2-4008-A7ED-1C277A0448E2.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  42.1 KB

Name:  9F7BB335-E808-4958-8B7B-0D8CDCA78356.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  46.7 KB

Our national firearms unit went with the Simmuntions Slides for our P320s. I understand they are pricey so I’m not sure they will be the mass solution for the field. The take down /installation is weird ?it involves unscrewing the barrel from the breechblock) but they worked well.

We did a 4 hour FOF / sparring with sons block during a recent instructor recertification and they worked well.

We have milled some 17T Gen 3 slides for the RMR footprint and have Holosun 407Cs on them. They work well and really show you the advantage of the red dot.

I set up my own UTM slide - Dueck Defense mount and an older RMR. For Gunsite, via the on-site gunsmith, we have a couple Sims FX Glock slides with RMR- like optics on them.

My old org, last I heard, did not have any Sims dot uppers.

User Tag List