Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Explosion in Nashville, TN

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Far-right and alt-right are the same thing.

The confusion is due to the media, SPLC etc incorrectly making far right and racist / white supremacist synonymous, which they are not.

Using your examples, the proud boys are definitely far/alt right but they are not racist. Where as Atomwaffen is both far right and racist, as well as accelerationist.

Meaning they want to do what ever will accelerate the fall of the current social order so that they can replace it with their own vision. The Manson family’s “Helter skelter” being a classic example of an aspiring accelerationist ideology.

Accelerationist is a more accurate description of many contemporary extremist groups from Atomwaffen, the Boogaloo and neo-Luddite movements to the various ANTIFA identity groups.
    Good summary!

Yes I fell into SPLC nomenclature. I guess I still tend to put groups that are more savvy about the internet/communications into the "Alt-Right" bucket, while groups that only speak to the converted I plop into the far right bucket.

But a difference in messaging isn't equivalent to a difference in ideology.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Good summary!

Yes I fell into SPLC nomenclature. I guess I still tend to put groups that are more savvy about the internet/communications into the "Alt-Right" bucket, while groups that only speak to the converted I plop into the far right bucket.

But a difference in messaging isn't equivalent to a difference in ideology.
    Exactly - radical Jihadists didn’t become “alt-Jihadi” when the figured out how to get people to self radicalize online, they just put an 8th century message in a 21st century format.

Site Supporter
    And I just saw a Facebook post about Dominion voting machines being examined at that AT&T facility in Nashville next to where the RV exploded . . . the conspiracy theorists will be spinning all week about this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    Yeah, I think at this point "far right" has been used so much it has its own inertia. We could use a new term to cover groups that fit into this mileu. Maybe "insurrectionist?"

I am nitpicky enough to not like the "far right" label used to describe the Proud Boys. "Right," yes, and certainly willing to fight in the streets, but Alt-Right is more accurate. They may be adjacent to neo-Nazis at times, but they have enough differences to set them apart, especially in their higher number of non-White members. Lumping them in with groups like Atomwaffen is a mistake, IMO, especially if you are talking to one of their members or sympathizers.

I could see young men who went non-racist skinhead in the 80s-90s going Proud Boy now. Many similarities, down to some minority membership. I will never forget hearing a Black Skinhead rant about the first skins being Jamaican, which is true.
    I vote insurrectionist.

It's amazing to me when a bomb goes off or a train derails people want to immediately associate that with some left or right wing organization so they can politicize it and denounce the group responsible.

I watched the CHOP incident in Seattle with some amusement because most of those protesters and rioters had no idea why they were even there other than to fight the police. I wonder what some of those rioters are doing today. They probably went back to their union jobs or boxing up your Amazon order. Antifa or Proud Boys is just an excuse for insurrection. Every insurrectionist needs a flag and a mantra to feel legit and loved. It's also cool to get a tat so people will know you're serious about your politics and tribe.

Insurrection may become the next national sport when the NFL folds up.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I still vote old dude upset that people are actually having fun and not abiding by the stupid C19 rules unelected doctors are imposing on healthy people in violation of the constitution in other states since Tennessee when I am there is pretty low key and I did not have to wear a mask when walking outside like a lot of stupid people want you to even if you are healthy.

Or he was asked to wash his hands and he got pissed because he was wearing a mask.

I think it's probably just an old dude that got frustrated with life for whatever reason and wanted to commit suicide. He had an RV and skills to build the device and now his name is known. He'll be a case study for every new bomb tech in the US for quite a while. In his mind it probably beat eating his pistol and hoping someone finds him.

Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I think it's probably just an old dude that got frustrated with life for whatever reason and wanted to commit suicide. He had an RV and skills to build the device and now his name is known. He'll be a case study for every new bomb tech in the US for quite a while. In his mind it probably beat eating his pistol and hoping someone finds him.
    I think you are probably right. Reports of giving away stuff and saying he had cancer and playing a song about being lonely are making me lean toward flashy suicide. May have been the site of a bad date or getting stood up or something who knows. I would have expected a manifesto of some sort if it were politically or conspiracy motivated. If I were pissed people were partying the bars with music and everything are just around the corner. This street is mostly restaurants not the main party scene.

Site Supporter
    This echoes some analyses of rampage shooters who want to get taken out by the law. They want to die for some reason. Depression, social isolation, politics, religion, health problems (?), they want revenge for something. They want to make their oppressors suffer and (this is important) are engaging what is called reciprocal altruism. They feel that the bad people are doing bad to other people and their actions will stop some bad people and also give a message to society to deal with these bad people. That is their altruistic method. They also want to die a 'warriors' death of self-sacrifice. Being a warrior is important and is slightly different from folks who kill themselves to punish folks by laying a guilt trip on them. If only we were nice to pathetic Somebody, he or she wouldn't have killed himself or herself. The suicide is to make the survivors feel guility. In this case, folks get together and morn you. Sadly, I have been to such events.

Now, both set of suicide actors fantasize the reaction to their deaths. This fantasy is called vicarious reinforcement. Obviously, you get no reinforcement for the action as you are dead. So the pre-death fantasy reinforces and motivates you.

This could be BS in this case, but it's a common analysis.

PS - the tube said that the bomber said to a neighbor something like: I will be so famous, everyone in Nashville will know me.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 12-28-2020 at 05:43 PM.

Site Supporter
    So...maybe it's not as surprising to everyone as it is to me, because you can learn literally anything online, but the fact that some damn nobody in middle America just puzzles out how to build a fucking IED changes my view of what grave extremes I ought to be training and preparing for.

More tourniquets are on route to my apartment.

I really ought to take a TCC first aid class.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    So...maybe it's not as surprising to everyone as it is to me, because you can learn literally anything online, but the fact that some damn nobody in middle America just puzzles out how to build a fucking IED changes my view of what grave extremes I ought to be training and preparing for.

More tourniquets are on route to my apartment.

I really ought to take a TCC first aid class.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    It's been this way for a while. The Boston Bomber was a rando teenager.

User Tag List