Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When LE stopped responding to an armed encampment in Portland

And the (dis-)honorable Kate Brown just extended Oregon's state of emergency to March 3. OTOH, judging by the article the SoE perhaps should be permanent. What a dump Portland has become. You can escape to Eastern Oregon, but you can't hide from the tyranny of the Left.

What's more telling are the comments. It seems the owners took out a loan to pay for legal defense of one of their children who committed a felony. I think it was hit & run. The owners hadn't paid on the loan for about a year and a half and it looks like no one even lived in the house.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

That family owns outright and occupies another house a couple of miles away. They’re just refusing to pay a just and lawful debt.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Sounds like portland is in need of new management.
    I think it's not about the management. People of Portland elected them. Over 70% of them just voted to legalize the drug possession for example. They deserve everything that is coming. That includes the staff of that paper, Willamette Week, BTW..

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Our friends own a brewpub, and a homeless encampment has developed right next to them. They allow the campers to run extension cords to their tents, and don’t complain about the bonfires and growing amount of crap. Why do they put up with this? They’re scared. They don’t want their business vandalized or burnt down.
    I am just wondering how they voted for the last 15 years and who they should blame...

When LE stopped responding to an armed encampment in Portland

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    I am just wondering how they voted for the last 15 years and who they should blame...
    Good question. I can guess, but want to stay friends with them. At least there is growing support for law enforcement and camp sweeps.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 12-25-2020 at 03:34 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    It is a shame, having lived in there for a third of my life. My family in the area says all the cities, even the smaller ones, are starting to swarm with camps and wandering meth types. The cyclical nature of great countries is reaching out to take us now. The dysfunction in DC over a simple program to give financial aid to folks and businesses - a debate between multimillionaire ancients - sounds like the Roman Senate debating the bread menu at the circuses.

Nah, Portland got what they wanted.
    #RESIST

BTW, what do you mean by "new management"? Republican mayor?? LOL. Democrats run this city for 40 years. This is what you get when the policies of the democratic party are implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    BTW, what do you mean by "new management"? Republican mayor?? LOL. Democrats run this city for 40 years. This is what you get when the policies of the democratic party are implemented.
    Predictably so.
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

User Tag List