Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When LE stopped responding to an armed encampment in Portland

When LE stopped responding to an armed encampment in Portland

Very liberal website/paper that this was published on, take note.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2020/12/2...orth-portland/

It was just a huge, huge, raging party occupation: giant bonfires on the hill, bonfires everywhere in the street. They built the barricades. They had weapons behind it. They had bottles and rocks and Molotov cocktails and all that stuff.

They had sentries, essentially, that are posted up there. They had an individual with an assault rifle positioned right next to our driveway. They have people regularly back at their station, but they also patrol around the block with weapons and tactical gear and bulletproof vests. They watch us, you know, and they're regularly standing around as we move in and out of our backyard.
    #RESIST

Sounds like portland is in need of new management.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Yeah the Willy Week is not exactly known for its sympathies for law enforcement.

Sad to see this happen to a city I used to really love. It was always pretty crust-punk-y, but it seemed like it was mostly a cute side show until the last 5 years or so.

You either have the rule of law, or you don't. Sometimes enforcing the rules looks "mean" and "not equitable".

Portland chose unwisely and now they are seeing the results. Has learning occurred among enough responsible individuals (and people like the person interviewed in this article) to correct the downward spiral there?

We'll see. It would be a crying shame to see all the productive people penalized or driven from a place they call home.

That was also CHOP in Seattle except I don't think there were many fires. My guess is the Chopians realized if they set their compound on fire the fire dept would come and put it out and the po po would put them out if they tried to stop the fire dept. That happened in the Watts riots when the rioters started shooting at fire responders. Cops started shooting back.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Sounds like you either move your family to safety and start shooting from an elevated position or you just walk away from your home and everything you built/have. Maybe that happens in both scenarios.

This came up in my feed as well.

Quite a few "raising the alarm bells" articles on the same site on the "red house defense."

I have a feeling much tolerance for this shit will have faded by this time next year, if not sooner.

Folks who flip out about armed cops aren't going to suddenly lose their fear of guns when it's SJWs holding them.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Our friends own a brewpub, and a homeless encampment has developed right next to them. They allow the campers to run extension cords to their tents, and don’t complain about the bonfires and growing amount of crap. Why do they put up with this? They’re scared. They don’t want their business vandalized or burnt down.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  tenor (1).jpg
Views: 570
Size:  12.7 KB

Ya'll know me. Know how I earn a livin'. I'll catch these 'anarcho-communists' for you, but it ain't gonna be easy. Bad bunch. Not like going down to the university and pepper sprayin' undergrads. This rabble, they'll swallow you whole. Little shakin', little tenderizin, and down you go. And we gotta do it quick, that'll bring back your tourists, put all your Amazons and your Starbucks back on a payin' basis. But it's not gonna be pleasant. I value my neck a lot more than three thousand bucks, chief. I'll find them for three, but I'll catch 'em, and kill 'em, for ten. But you've gotta make up your minds. If you want to stay alive, then ante up. If you want to play it cheap, then you'll be payin' welfare and "Chaz taxes" all winter.

I don't want no mates, there's just too many summertime commandos in this city. Ten thousand dollars for me by myself. For that, you get the the the beanie, the guitar, the whole damn hippie.

When I was in the Army my first class I had to teach was Sentry Removal.

Knife, bayonet(slightly different techniques), garrote, E-tool and improvised with helmet and loaded socks.

Very detailed syllabus.

An Art form, really.

User Tag List