Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ()$(_+_% Stun Guns!

@Glenn : What does NY law say about carrying and using "stun guns"?

Site Supporter

Thanks, Glenn.

Site Supporter
    Long before I knew better, I bought a stun gun at a gun show. Years later, after reading multiple accounts of their ineffectiveness, I put it against my arm and turned it on. It was unpleasant, but certainly not disabling. If used for self-defense, it would seriously only succeed in getting the attacker mad at the user.

Here is a pretty good video on how crappy stunguns are:

So, really she has pretty marginal technique. A lot of noise making little contact. I wonder if she would have deployed it on his median, ulnar or radial nerve just behind thumb, to effect release. I have only seen one online,vid where it made sense. Guy was basically using it as blows came in against the attacking limb. I am curious too as to efficacy of different brands as outlined in a paper available on the Saber Red site. Would love to see a True Taser product with smaller size and designed to “drive stun”

More optimum targets I would think are subxiphoid area (solar plexus), neck, axilla. All of these have large neural plexi which should cause more pain and activation, but really just speculation until one has a nice selection of devices, and suitable volunteer.

Dave
    Last edited by Polecat; 04-01-2021 at 12:09 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    So, really she has pretty marginal technique. A lot of noise making little contact. I wonder if she would have deployed it on his median, ulnar or radial nerve just behind thumb, to effect release. I have only seen one online,vid where it made sense. Guy was basically using it as blows came in against the attacking limb. I am curious too as to efficacy of different brands as outlined in a paper available on the Saber Red site. Would love to see a True Taser product with smaller size and designed to “drive stun”

More optimum targets I would think are subxiphoid area (solar plexus), neck, axilla. All of these have large neural plexi which should cause more pain and activation, but really just speculation until one has a nice selection of devices, and suitable volunteer.

Dave
    I doubt that the women for whom the stun gun was recommended in our little Nextdoor conversation for purse carry would have the slightest idea where any of the anatomical targets above are located. If they did because they trained, they would be better off without the stun gun and something else. Using it as an impact weapon is a different story.

User Tag List