Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why isn’t there a carbine kit for a Beretta 92

Between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Because carbine conversion kits suck and unless you live somewhere like Israel where you can only own 1 gun there is no good reason not to just get a dedicated carbine.
    This.

But...

I have yet to find the perfect 9mm PCC. They all have at least one feature or functional issue that is a dealbreaker; this is weird considering there have been over 100 years to get it right. Beretta should blow the dust off the Modelo 38 blueprints, make it a semiauto that takes 92 magazines and then proceed to toss the CX4 TDP into the recyclables bin.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    If memory serves me correctly, the MechTech for the 1911 does not allow the thumb safety to be activated which is just crazy balls silly and dangerous. If I remember correctly.
    That's not exactly correct.

Thumb Safety Lever – only the original GI style safety will function with the 1911 CCU. Extended length and ambidextrous safeties will not function as a safety but the CCU will function and fire in all other respects.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    I’d just be ecstatic if someone came out with a magazine conversion block for the Ruger!

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    I’d just be ecstatic if someone came out with a magazine conversion block for the Ruger!
    It's not easy, the notch on Beretta magazine is quite low. I'm going to look into it, but no promises.

Could you not cut an extra notch in the Beretta magazine? It would still work in the pistol.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    This.

But...

I have yet to find the perfect 9mm PCC. They all have at least one feature or functional issue that is a dealbreaker; this is weird considering there have been over 100 years to get it right. Beretta should blow the dust off the Modelo 38 blueprints, make it a semiauto that takes 92 magazines and then proceed to toss the CX4 TDP into the recyclables bin.
    I like carbines but I've never considered a 9mm carbine. There just isn't enough juice in the 9mm to justify the extra size and weight. Ruger's PC was a good idea but it's too heavy at 7 lbs. Come on man, you can do better than that. My M1 carbine weighs about 5 lbs and they designed that in 1942.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    As predicted, Beretta 92 is not easy. I knocked out a couple of all-3D prototypes, but they aren't working great. They are getting more complex with every revision, too. A complex design is not good. Harder to make, more to fail, costs get higher. You don't want a $100 adapter than only lasts a 1000 shots, right? I am about to go to metal for the one at the top of the picture. I'll report if it worked at the range.
    Name:  x29_b92p14.800.jpg
Views: 243
Size:  82.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Could you not cut an extra notch in the Beretta magazine? It would still work in the pistol.
    Ah yes, the AR-18 solution. Why, it certainly could work.

I think the biggest downside of it is that you have to do it yourself, unless someone sets up a business to modify and resell those magazines. It is a tedious work that you'll have to do every time you buy a new mag.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Ah yes, the AR-18 solution. Why, it certainly could work.

I think the biggest downside of it is that you have to do it yourself, unless someone sets up a business to modify and resell those magazines. It is a tedious work that you'll have to do every time you buy a new mag.
    If curtting a notch is a viable solution, Might it be simpler to just 3d print a jig to act as a file guide for someone to easily do this at home?

I'm imagining a sleeve that fits over a B92 magazine body with a notch cut out for where the file/dremel should go. That should be pretty hard for the end user to screw up right?

User Tag List