Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why isn’t there a carbine kit for a Beretta 92

Why isn’t there a carbine kit for a Beretta 92

So the thread about the 870 scattergat with a TDA trigger group along with my desire to have a carbine that uses 92 series magazines that isn’t a CX4 and doesn’t have Keltec stamped on it somewhere got me to looking for a MechTech conversion kit to stick on top of my M9. Imagine my dismay when I found there wasn’t nor had never been such a thing. Is there any reason other than marketing? Because I’d really like to see such a thing that didn’t compete with a Korth in cost.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

I'm not sure if Wilson Combat still offers their AR9 with the Beretta receiver. Not an inexpensive solution, but takes Beretta 92 magazines.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm not sure if Wilson Combat still offers their AR9 with the Beretta receiver. Not an inexpensive solution, but takes Beretta 92 magazines.
    A better solution would be the Stern Defense MAG-ADB92 magazine block, a lower with a milspec 5.56mm magwell, and your choice of 9mm upper. I have the Glock magazine version of the Stern Defense magazine block and it works great.

Nordic Components PCC is available with a Beretta 92 mag well.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Imagine my dismay when I found there wasn’t nor had never been such a thing. Is there any reason other than marketing?
    Because neither McClain nor Riggs ever requested one...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    So the thread about the 870 scattergat with a TDA trigger group along with my desire to have a carbine that uses 92 series magazines that isn’t a CX4 and doesn’t have Keltec stamped on it somewhere got me to looking for a MechTech conversion kit to stick on top of my M9. Imagine my dismay when I found there wasn’t nor had never been such a thing. Is there any reason other than marketing? Because I’d really like to see such a thing that didn’t compete with a Korth in cost.
    Because carbine conversion kits suck and unless you live somewhere like Israel where you can only own 1 gun there is no good reason not to just get a dedicated carbine.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Because carbine conversion kits suck and unless you live somewhere like Israel where you can only own 1 gun there is no good reason not to just get a dedicated carbine.
    If memory serves me correctly, the MechTech for the 1911 does not allow the thumb safety to be activated which is just crazy balls silly and dangerous. If I remember correctly.

Site Supporter
    Depending on budget, I’d look (again) at the CX4 (which I own, and am pleased with), and the Wilson Combat AR9 https://www.wilsoncombat.com/9mm/ (which was more money than I was interested in spending on a PCC).
    I have a large supply of B92 mags, so I get the attractiveness of commonality. With the CX4 and a trigger upgrade from Papa Sierra
    http://sierrapapacx4.com and an RDS, it’s a decent PCC.

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Because neither McClain nor Riggs ever requested one...
    Your logic is impeccable sir. I should have taken this into consideration.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

User Tag List