Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A New Shank for Ms. Okie

Site Supporter
    If price is not a consideration, and she likes the Axis lock, then I would give some consideration to an Andrew Demko AD-20, with its Shark Lock. Andrew makes strong locks, and the Shark Lock is very easy to use.

https://knifejoy.com/brands/demko-knives/

For something less expensive and more readily available, the previously mentioned Spyderco Delica is hard to beat. Knife Center has exclusive wooden handled versions that look very nice. I have always liked the waved version of the Delica.

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP1...nter-exclusive

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP1...ve-frn-handles

I can see this thread getting expensive.

For me I mean. Do I really need a Delica for those times when I need something a bit bigger than my Dragonfly 2? Why, yes, I believe I do.

Site Supporter
    @okie john

I understand that this might be a surprise, but it sounds like she knows enough about what she wants that it would be best to maybe let her scroll through some of the suggestions you get here and make her own choice. She sounds as hard to buy a knife for as I am.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 12-23-2020 at 06:20 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about a Delica? Girl #1 loves hers and uses it constantly.

https://www.knifecenter.com/series/s...pyderco-delica
    I was gonna say this. All the ladies in my life get Delicas if they need a pocketknife, Moras for outdoors stuff. I am just a year or two away from the oldest nieces and nephews the same. Comes in fun colors, cuts like made, is legal most places, ambidextrous, lightweight, not expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    @okie john

I understand that this might be a surprise, but it sounds like she knows enough about what she wants that it would be best to maybe let her scroll through some of the suggestions you get here and make her own choice. She sounds as hard to buy a knife for as I am.
    OK, learning has occurred.

Any time someone asks about getting a firearm for a woman, I'm the first to say, "Let her make the decision."

I'm taking her down to the knife store and letting her choose.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Waved dragonfly on the way. damnit!

Large fan of delica's.

Site Supporter
    I gave my daughter the choice of a spyderco delica or an endura. She picked the endura. She said “if I need a knife I want the bigger one” . If she didn’t like the spyderco’s I would have showed her a benchmade bugout 535.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I can see this thread getting expensive.

For me I mean. Do I really need a Delica for those times when I need something a bit bigger than my Dragonfly 2? Why, yes, I believe I do.
    Save your money and get a bench made bugout. I’ve owned them both and the bugout is superior to it in everything. Spyderco’s greatest feature is the round hole but it’s also its nemesis because they take up a lot of space in the pocket. Bugout has better ergos, steel, pocket clip and a more user friendly locking mechanism. The bugout is the j frame of pocket knives. It’s extremely light weight at under 2 ounces and can handle any reasonable cutting task.

Name:  274DA445-11CC-4721-8623-AEF420433A21.jpg
Views: 194
Size:  71.9 KB

ETA: oh ya and the bench made is made in the USA.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Save your money and get a bench made bugout.
    Thanks I'll check that out.

I still quite like my mini-Grip. I've had it for geez must be four years now. It's a bit bigger than the D2 but kinda fat, and a bit porky at 2.8 oz (D2 is 1.2 oz; like a potato chip). Which is why I got the D2 in the first place. Still like it though. The wallet-friendly choice is just to grab the mini-grip when I want something longer. Lots of good choices out there, for sure.

Name:  IMG_8040.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  62.9 KB

User Tag List