Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield 45acp discontinued?

Shield 45acp discontinued?

Looking to get another 45 for carry and noticed on the Smith&Wesson site under shield it only shows the 9mm. Went to some of the other on line shops and some are saying its discontinued or out of stock. Is this permanent or are the manufacturers just pumping out whats popular now. I also looked at springfield for a XDS 45 and it only showed the XDE 45 being made now....

I don't know about that, but Bud's has them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by h1x View Post
    Looking to get another 45 for carry and noticed on the Smith&Wesson site under shield it only shows the 9mm.
    Seems to show it fine for me:
    https://www.smith-wesson.com/product...-m20?sku=11531

Admittedly, I had to click through the whole selector to get to that URL, starting with "No Restrictions" and so on.

https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g36

?

No experience with them, but it’s a subcompact in .45.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    https://us.glock.com/en/pistols/g36

?

No experience with them, but it’s a subcompact in .45.
    The one Glock that I’ve owned that I couldn’t get rid of fast enough... I’d love to see them rethink it, because I feel there is a market for a reliable subcompact .45 in their line.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Admittedly, I had to click through the whole selector to get to that URL, starting with "No Restrictions" and so on.
    I found it as well without issue.
    Just checking in here to say that I have one and like it. It is just a little bigger enough that my hands can get three fingers on the grip without the extended magazine. Though I do admit I have not carried or shot it that much, but it is pretty cool.

I had one, and like the 45FS I paired it with, it was exceptionally accurate and reliable. My problem is I insist on actually shooting my carry guns quite a bit, and .45 ACP in a package that thin and light just wasn't working for my aging hands and wrists. I could shoot it just fine - speed not surprisingly below comparable single stack 9mms with increased accuracy, but, after 100 rounds or so, my hands and wrists would sing to me for quite a while.

I sold it to a friend who's younger and shoots a LOT less, and he's totally happy with it.

If they made a version with the M&P's safety on it, I'd probably pick another one up, just 'cuz.

The exceptionally thin grip of Shield 45 accentuates the recoil, at least for me. Although, .45 ACP is just powerful for a gun as small as this, no matter what. I have a Charter Arms .45 ACP revolver with a round grip that kicks harder than Shield 45. It's just not as fun as I used to think.

I am quite impressed by the reliability of the Shield, because I had some trouble with other guns in the same format, in particular Kahr P45 was a problem child. It didn't think it was possible to make a small .45 run with a 1000 round interval between babbles, but here we are.

I noticed that their website is new. I think things haven’t been carried over yet.

Although, I seem to remember that they always make lots of model deletions and additions about this time of the year so who knows?

I’ve shot a 45 shield before and thought it was very pleasant. I’ve been wanting one but would love the regular shield grip texture on the 45 for carry.

My wife shoots my 45 shield better than her 9mm shield, and she likes it more too.
    She’ll likely be stealing it at some point.

User Tag List