Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picking up a new to me P228

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Big fan of the 228 here! It is more elegant than the 229 IMHO and wins points for being a US military sidearm.

Congrats- it will serve you well!

Site Supporter
    I'm fighting a completely irrational urge to have my 228 MP3ed...

Site Supporter
    That's the one Sig pistol I desperately want.

They are great pistols. I bought my first one (upper left) new in 1993, then picked up a P228R (with U.S. and M11 markings engraved over by SIG) more recently. The pistol on the bottom is one of the Air Force contract overrun M11s SIG released for sale a few years ago. They added a "B" after the M11 to comply with DOD contract requirements, but didn't change the label on the box. I fired a few Army CID M11s while on active duty, so was happy to add an M11 to my collection. Unfortunately, it was unfired when I purchased it, and I haven't yet been able to bring myself to fire it.

Name:  P228, P228R, M11B.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  90.4 KB

I am seeing a batch of CAI imported "West Germany" P228's for sale, they must have imported a batch of late 80's made surplus/retired guns from some place.

I miss my SIGs. I could have saved a ton of time and money if I'd have stuck with a P226/229 several years ago, instead of chasing the P-F DA/SA hotness.
    David S.

duplicate post, sorry

One just came up for sale on hkpro.com for those who desperately want one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    I'm looking forward to having one again. I've stupidly let two go over the years... Now I'm at the point where I want to have one each of the "ones that got away". The 228 is one of the last ones.

It has a blue box and I think a CPO. Matching serial numbers on frame and barrel only, factory night sights, at least 7 mags (most factory 13 rounders), and 3 holsters.

Buying it from a co-worker who's had it for at least ten years, and he's put less than 300 rounds through it. Can't wait to put an SRT in it!
    Awesome. I love my 229. The SRT is a cheap, easy to do, and very worthwhile addition. Not very often does a mod meet all three criteria!!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I am seeing a batch of CAI imported "West Germany" P228's for sale, they must have imported a batch of late 80's made surplus/retired guns from some place.
    Where do you see them?

User Tag List