Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi-Tek Coated Bullets

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Looks like pretty good results. Last time I was loading 124 gr bullets with Unique was quite a few years ago with Montana Gold JHPs, and I was only using 4.7 grains of Unique, so 5.4 sounds a bit warm to me with a 124 grain bullet, but I was also targeting 1040-1050 FPS / ~130 PF for USPSA Minor, and that load's OAL was 1.075", so not directly comparable for several reasons.

As far as Unique's relative dirtiness goes, I used to use it exclusively, and I didn't think it was too bad then, but then I tried VV N320, and N320 is just a whole other world. I went from cleaning after every or every other range trip/match to cleaning more like every 1500-2500 rounds. Part of that was a a realization that it just wasn't important to have the gun be spotless, but it's also that Unique *is* significantly dirtier than N320.
    Thank you.

I just checked some notes from 2015. I chrono'd some 124 gr Rainiers using 5.5 grs Unique and they averaged 1119 fps out of my G19. (138 PF?)
    I agree that the 5.5 is probably more than I need and may well stick to the 5.0. My Shield certainly prefers the 5.0.
    I need to get out and chrono these things.

I've used N320 and Cleanshot (or whatever it's called now) with great results. Very clean burning powders.

I probably should clean my guns more thoroughly, but a boresnake and a little lube is my lazy-man's default.

Just an update.
    I received my 147 gr 9mm bullets from Hoosier's a couple of days ago.
    From the USPS tracking site, it looks like they did quite a bit of traveling around for several days

User Tag List