Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can’t carry on my side anymore

Short term answer is get a unity tactical clutch. I can’t carry in any position without back pain and I can carry all day with the clutch. There’s a vertx brand now that’s half the price.

Long term see a doc and a good physical therapist. Look up “smashwerx” on YouTube. If you’re right stretching is likely not the answer. There are alignment issues. Carrying a gun takes a toll on the body. You’re body is telling you something isn’t right, listen to it. But resting is not the answer. If a doc tells you to just take two weeks off, beware.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

It seems important to address the root cause, but for the time being didn’t you say you can carry comfortably AIWB? That works ok for me most days.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    What kind of belt are you using?
    And what kind of suspenders are you wearing? (Please don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm using Perry - specifically, a heavy-duty model of Perry.)

With the right suspenders supporting the right belt, the belt doesn't have to be tight.

And chiropractic. You really should see a chiropractor too.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    It seems important to address the root cause, but for the time being didn’t you say you can carry comfortably AIWB? That works ok for me most days.
    I’ll bet he can, except when a’horseback
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Having complained of back problems for decades and having waited almost too long to get the problems repaired, I offer three words of wisdom: don't self evaluate, see a competent doc, and don't wait too long. At one time I said that I would never have back surgery, but I reached a point where I was begging somebody to do something. The pain was so bad that I could not have continued to live with it.

Medical doctors vary in competence. Having used chiropractors, I think that within this group the variation among them is greater. Part of their training is how to prolong treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Boy, AIWB horsed sounds like a really bad idea.
    Ignore Alien Orders

"Now you tell me!"
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It’s a really bad idea in a SmartCarry, too. Don’t do that.

Please don’t ask me how I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wendell View Post
    And what kind of suspenders are you wearing? (Please don't knock it until you've tried it. I'm using Perry - specifically, a heavy-duty model of Perry.)

With the right suspenders supporting the right belt, the belt doesn't have to be tight.

I’m not opposed to suspenders at all. Do you slip the belt through them to attach?

User Tag List