Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can’t carry on my side anymore

A ten dollar set of Dickeys Perry suspenders utilized at work with my Bianchi gun belt underneath my outter carrier vest solved all my issues. I liked it so much I started wearing them with my off duty concealment rig. Nobody sees them as my cover garment hides them and it took all the weight off my hips/lower back.

I now no longer tug and pull at the belt to get the gun back up where it is supposed to be (no hips) and all pain has left the building. I wish I had bought them years ago. For me, I had to wear the belt super tight to fight gravity and that belt dug in and caused all sorts of pain on my right side. I can now wear the belt a tad looser and the suspenders hold everything where it needs to be.

Might be a cheap solution for you.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by EMC View Post
    While every physical ailment is different and backs and back issues incredibly diverse, I have found relief of some lumbar disc issues with a nightly routine on the "back block" (google Sarah Key physical therapist ). A cork yoga block or even a stack of books works for this.
    https://youtu.be/O3wSHxXTEsg

Also making sure I stretch each hip flexor often by stepping one leg back at a time straight with the heel flat on the floor and leaning forward on the other leg slightly bent for 15 -20 seconds each leg (which also helps stretch the calf muscles too). Keep the torso upright during this stretch. Really helps my pelvic tilt alignment of the lumbar discs. Also keeping the ham strings stretched (not by bending over and touching toes, but by putting one leg at a time straight out on a chair or bench with a slight forward lean - safer than the toe touch). Check out Bob and Brad's physical therapy youtube channel for other good sciatica relief options.
    Thats me. Stretch and roll.

I carry aiwb because of back issues.

Unfortunately I have to carry at 3oclock the next 2 days in the NICU so the nurses can guide wires and stuff up my shirt. The ride home after 2 days is pretty uncomfortable.

I had some fairly severe sciatica for about 1.5 years.
    Went to the doctor they did a scan to make sure I didn't have a spine issue. I was told that if it did not go away I would need to do PT. Carrying a pistol was a problem. I decided to do my own PT. Squats and deadlifts fixed it, I had a weak posterioir chain from sitting at desk for 8 years. I have been sciatic issue free for a year now. It is great. Lift weights, your life will get better, everything is easier. I am 37 and have never been stronger than I am now.
    Last edited by Leroy; 12-21-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    I had some fairly severe sciatica for about 1.5 years.
    Went to the doctor they did a scan to make sure I didn't have a spine issue. I was told that if it did not go away I would need to do PT. Carrying a pistol was a problem. I decided to do my own PT. Squats and deadlifts fixed it, I had a weak posterioir chain from sitting at desk for 8 years. I have been sciatic issue free for a year now. It is great. Lift weights, your life will get better, everything is easier. I am 37 and have never been stronger than I am now.
    Funny how similar symptoms can pop up for opposite reasons.

At 36 Ive been powerlifting since I was 16. My problem is being to tight.

I like lifting but haven’t been in the gym since Nov ‘18. I have trouble with getting too tight too. I hate stretching because it hurts and doesn’t seem to help.

I’ve had back trouble most of my life, but not too much pain in the ass cheek as I’m having now.

I started life horseback every day, rode bulls from 13-21, took up mma and boxing until I was 32, stayed in the gym lifting until 38.

I guess I need to get back to the gym. I still do a little body weight exercises now and then but nothing regular.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I had nerve issues, ignored it for too long, and ended up with permanent nerve damage. Luckily for me the result is numbness and not pain. Had I been smarter, went to the doc sooner, and by extension went to PT earlier, I would probably not have the permanent damage.

Learn from my stupidity before you have permanent damage. Seek professional diagnosis and treatment.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I like lifting but haven’t been in the gym since Nov ‘18. I have trouble with getting too tight too. I hate stretching because it hurts and doesn’t seem to help.

I’ve had back trouble most of my life, but not too much pain in the ass cheek as I’m having now.

I started life horseback every day, rode bulls from 13-21, took up mma and boxing until I was 32, stayed in the gym lifting until 38.

I guess I need to get back to the gym. I still do a little body weight exercises now and then but nothing regular.
    Pain in your ass cheek, is it confined to there or does it extend down the back of your leg? Any numbness in your foot or toes?

If it's confined to that area it might be your si joints which can be treated with steroid injections and pt.

Either way, go to a doctor and request an MRI. Do not go to a chiropractor. As BBI said, you don't want to let it turn permanent.

Site Supporter
    I would ditch the wilderness belt ASAP. They are my favorite range belt but for me not for everyday carry. Get suspenders. Next I would call milt sparks and get a contoured belt. Therapeutic holsters come into play too. OWB holsters and shoulder holsters with the mags on the off side are great for low back issues.
    My Department issued Colt 1911 government models. I bought a lightweight commander and a 642 for pocket carry.
    Sometimes you need to lighten the load to give your back time to heal. Identical left and right holsters for the above three handguns might seem like overkill until you get hurt. Not if you get hurt but when you get hurt. Don’t wait for the injury to get the holsters.
    I would run to a Doc that handles athlete's. Then find a PT to fix everything you tweaked in the past; not just your back. From feet to head. It’s hard to get a doc to do a full evaluation because the insurance companies want to treat people like car repair. Lots of good exercises on Instagram and YouTube. Like Pat Mac says- motion is the lotion

Site Supporter
    YVK is on point about seeing a physician. I have a bunch of training injuries that were definitely made better by diagnosis and treatment by a doc BEFORE they became chronic pain makers. I am lucky enough to have a dad who is a DO. This gave me access to his med school's OMT clinic. Worked wonders.

I have this issue as well.
    #RESIST

User Tag List