Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Can’t carry on my side anymore

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by M2CattleCo View Post
    I’m not opposed to suspenders at all. Do you slip the belt through them to attach?
    The beauty of the Perrys is that they hook over the belt, so they are not reliant on clipping or buttoning to the pants themselves...

Available in many styles via Amazon!

Dr. J

Site Supporter
    Ditto on the Perrys. I saw my first pair as in the camo section of Bass Pro and then went on line for various colors. They enable me to support a Glock and an extra mag without discomfort. The hook attachment is a genius idea as compared to clips.

Damn back pain is not pleasant, nor nerve pains. My sympathies. Love the MRI tube - fell asleep in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. J View Post
    The beauty of the Perrys is that they hook over the belt, so they are not reliant on clipping or buttoning to the pants themselves...

Available in many styles via Amazon!

Dr. J
    Yup.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=perry+sus..._ss_ts-a-p_4_7
    #RESIST

I have been carrying a handgun almost daily for 15 years and over this past year I have given up on strongside carry.

I’ve always had a little sciatic irritation after a long week of all day IWB carry and have been part time AIWB since ‘07.

It started with IWB getting uncomfortable after a long day, so I went to OWB, same thing after awhile.

Now, I put on any strongside holster and can’t even get out of the house before I go back to the safe and change everything out for AIWB.

I can move the holster around a little bit and get a tiny amount of relief but nothing I want to deal with all day.

I carry in Milt Sparks Nexus or VMII, and OWB is either a Raven Phantom or Perun.

I’m 40, not overweight at all. Any remedies or just want to call me a puss or complain with me?
    Well, maybe, AOWB?

Maybe, front cross-draw, inside or outside the trousers, left of the belt buckle, forward of the left hip?

Shoulder rig?

Carry a small, lightweight weapon, on the right side, and wear/carry the 1911 elsewhere, perhaps even off-body?

These are things I have done to accommodate various problems, though not sciatica.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I do fine AIWB, especially with a Glock 43.

I like to carry strongside IWB during the summer as I’m in and out of an airplane and don’t like the harness ober the pistol.

Site Supporter
    The suspenders are a great option. Anything you can do to get the weight of the hips and spine one to shoulders and distribute the weight through the whole body are the way to go. Currently I’m on a hiatus from not caring a gun on body due to being a dumbass. A competent medical professional and pt therapist are helping and make all the difference.

I’m not opposed to suspenders at all. Do you slip the belt through them to attach?
    No, the ones I use have plastic clips that lift the belt. (Perry also make other attachment types, but the clips are the standard, I think.) To don, first I thread the holster and pouches onto the belt, then the suspenders are attached to the belt. As you can imagine, to avoid interference, the placement of the clips (relative to the gun) is important. Finally, I cover it all with a cover garment.

https://www.perrysuspenders.com/product-videos

AIWB to the rescue. May sound odd but I find full size pistols carry more comfortably than small ones. I alternate between a G17 and an M9A1 in various JMCK non-wing AIWB holsters and when needed run either a TLR7 or TLR1 in a Henry spark or PHLster spotlight. A mag carrier provides even more stability and enhances concealment a bit by pulling the belt outward thus helping to torque the grip inward.

With 4 o’clock I always found that smaller guns concealed and carried better but with AIWB I’ve found the opposite to be true. Length below the belt line is critical for stability and comfort whereas on the hip it seemed to work the other way. I cannot remember last time I carried strong side must have been 5+ years ago.
    Last edited by Squib308; 12-25-2020 at 01:35 PM.

I do fine AIWB, especially with a Glock 43.

I like to carry strongside IWB during the summer as I’m in and out of an airplane and don’t like the harness ober the pistol.
    Definitely make a change even if it means using the smaller lighter gun. I didn’t switch to a 43x/48 because I wanted to. If you’re body is telling you something you gotta listen.

Also, evaluate every chair you sit on for an extended amount of time and how you sit in it. If you have a favorite chair or sitting position that has your hips out of alignment it will cause issues.

Don’t be afraid to talk to a PT or chiropractor just do you research first. There are chiropractors that will help you get better and there are appointment setters. If you can find a chiropractor with a kinesiology background or ART certification even better.

Finally, definitely take the advice to see a doctor. My mother ignored that kind of pain for a long time. It ended up being a cyst. It was successfully removed but the damage was done.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Get the Perry Suspenders that hook onto the belt at the bottom. They seldom come lose and hold the gun, holster up and less strain in your back.

User Tag List