Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Targets

How about a frontal target depicting a realistic two handed index in which both arms are obstructing the torso, instead of unrealistic "shooting from the hip"?

Given that we cannot predict how an attacker may present themselves to us, should we not simply train to use the tool to the best of our ability (I.e. Small groups at speed) and then explain the anatomy and physiology of what we are really aiming at?

Awerbuck, in my limited civilian non-LE experience, explained it best and can be summarized as shooting for a golf ball buried in the head and a softball buried in the chest, and he then goes on to explain what that means and index points on the body when the attacker plenty anything other than a squared-up posture.

He also went on to discuss what to shoot for, in order of priority, when those balls aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Given that we cannot predict how an attacker may present themselves to us, should we not simply train to use the tool to the best of our ability (I.e. Small groups at speed) and then explain the anatomy and physiology of what we are really aiming at?
    Agreed.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I am frustrated at all the poor targets I am seeing in use by LE agencies for training and quals.

Anatomically, it is not too hard; if you want immediate incapacitation, then the CNS is the only reasonable target:

For delayed incapacitation, then high thoracic targeting of the heart and large vessels is the best option:

The target below is STUPID to train with, as the "X" is in the wrong spot--it needs to be closer to where the upper "8" is at. Why would any trainer use that target? It is just going to reinforce shooting the WRONG anatomic location for rapid threat incapacitation. An LE agency using that defective target to train/qualify officers is setting itself up for liability issues...

It is easy to train correctly--to start, use targets that reinforce proper hit zones, for example, below is a FAR better option to practice getting shots to the proper incapacitation points:

3x5" cards and 6" paper plates make great cheap targets for CNS and COM targeting, respectively...

Here is a target I use a lot that is reasonably accurate on what you need to hit and cheap to make: http://www.tridentconcepts.org/alumn...2753243671.pdf, just print it out on legal size paper and you are good to go.
    Do you have other targets? That link is dead.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Kit Badger KBATS are pretty good. When he first came up with them, he posted about them on another site. He emailed several forum members the files so we could print our own. I dont know if he still gives the files away, but you can buy printed pads of them on his site or amazon. He has a side view head as well, but I dont see it offerred on either site:

https://kitbadger.com/product/kbat-k...my-target-pad/

https://www.amazon.com/Kit-Badger-KB.../dp/B07D7CT1NP

User Tag List