Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Break up Federal

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    But cheap ammo by itself isn't going to mean much without facilities to shoot it at and as America becomes more urban that might be were the real battle is.
    THIS is the real threat to our culture as gun owners who actually shoot.

Example: I lived 4 minutes from one of the best outdoor ranges in the western US- closed after 50 years of continuous operation because houses built up to the edge of the range had owners complaining about the noise- after they moved there.

Another range, owned by the police union, 15 minutes away, with pistol, action steel, and up to an 800-yard rifle lane, was shut down last year because the liberal mayor of my nearby city hated gun culture.

And, the state-run facility 20 minutes away (which bans “humanoid” targets... as in IPSC targets, and has a 1-round per second maximum fire rate gleefully enforced by genuine Brownshirt RO’s) shut down the pistol range last year as well.

And a large swath of BLM land within an hour’s drive has been closed to shooting. (Due mostly to asshats who insist on using tracer/steel core rounds in fire season).

That leaves a variety of indoor ranges, including one with 100-yard shooting tunnels, near me. And fortunately for me that is a very fine range indeed.

I know it’s far worse in many other areas. I bring this up to point out the fact that despite the fact that I have sufficient ammo and supplies, I have become relatively limited as to places to actually shoot outdoors, and I don’t think it’s going to ever improve- especially with the stuffed clown car currently on its way to the White House, and their strategy of shutting down gun ranges “for the environment”.

Vista separates ammo from outdoor products:

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...or-sports-spin
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Vista separates ammo from outdoor products:

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/indu...or-sports-spin
    Isn't this exactly what S&W did with AOBC?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    That leaves a variety of indoor ranges, including one with 100-yard shooting tunnels, near me. And fortunately for me that is a very fine range indeed.

I know it’s far worse in many other areas. I bring this up to point out the fact that despite the fact that I have sufficient ammo and supplies, I have become relatively limited as to places to actually shoot outdoors, and I don’t think it’s going to ever improve- especially with the stuffed clown car currently on its way to the White House, and their strategy of shutting down gun ranges “for the environment”.
    This is why I’m putting resources into the range on my land an hour out of town. There are plenty of good ranges closer than that… for now. But in the future who knows?

During the good ol days before the troubles started the brass buckets at my range were overflowing. There was always hundreds of pieces of brass if one waned it. People thought it was a little strange seeing boomer digging through brass buckets. I had so much .223 and 9mm I had to sell some just to have more room in my loading area. I still have too much but I'm not selling anymore. A few days ago I just boxed it all up and stored it in my basement as I'll always load for those cartridges. If times get really tough I can always trade brass for other components.

I'm not seeing how any government anti trust action is going to change anything regarding price or supply. Vista just acquired some companies that would insure that they could continue to make ammo. They didn't corner the market by any stretch of the imagination. Vista subsidiary companies haven't made a lot of powder or primers available to the general public lately, but neither has anyone else.

If they close the private rifle range where I shoot I'm screwed. The next closest one is over an hour away.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List