Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta 92X Performance

I’ve got like 3 guns I want to buy once the insanity is over. They’re all niche guns, and the 92X Performance is one of them. I suspect I’ll enjoy it tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post
    I’ve got like 3 guns I want to buy once the insanity is over. They’re all niche guns, and the 92X Performance is one of them. I suspect I’ll enjoy it tons.
    Definitely

What else are you looking at?

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Definitely

What else are you looking at?
    HK P30SK V1 and probably another revolver.

Did you guys see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92XgTAgC5c

It's unnecessarily long, but contains a fairly clear explanation of the mistake that Beretta made while milling the slide, provided you're patient enough to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    Did you guys see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V92XgTAgC5c

It's unnecessarily long, but contains a fairly clear explanation of the mistake that Beretta made while milling the slide, provided you're patient enough to hear it.
    The summary is that the spring pocket was milled too deep. He used a longer spring to fix the issue, some of us on the Beretta forums used the Wilson 150% extractor spring and haven't had a hiccup since.

I bought a stainless vertec barrel from Beretta 2-3 yrs ago. Last summer I started having extractor problems. The Wilson spring fixed it. I will try to remember to measure the depth next time I have it apart and compare to another slide.

Quote Originally Posted by porkster View Post
    The summary is that the spring pocket was milled too deep. He used a longer spring to fix the issue, some of us on the Beretta forums used the Wilson 150% extractor spring and haven't had a hiccup since.
    No hiccups with my 2020 made example.

Quote Originally Posted by Stony Lane View Post
    Italian Video (92XP Defensive - a lighter 92XP - no rail...):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zo0eAJ7ISOE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR5hiqQb3Jw
    Thanks for posting. Kinda weird variant - not sure the minor frame differences are compelling (the version without the rail is the defensive one?), but what do you make of the slide? Is that an optics ready mount?

ETA: Picture shows slide detail. Interesting to see Beretta pursue a factory optics ready configuration. Looks like an optic would sit much higher than Ernest's solution.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 01-20-2021 at 09:52 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Hmm, that's kinda odd.

I know that I live in only a very certain bubble, but I really don't get why the larger Beretta organization doesn't take more of a lead from LTT.

I mean, I am *down* for more frame safety 92s, but an aluminum-framed, frame safety 92X would be more of a "Defensive" gun than a steel-framed 92X without the rail.

I'd also rather see the larger Beretta organization somehow license or otherwise leverage LTT's red dot solution and adapt it to these other slide designs. An aluminum-frame, railed frame, frame safety 92X with an LTT red dot cut would probably be more appealing to the market than this 92X Defensive gun.

I'm still glad that Beretta is working on the 92, however.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List