Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "We are making ammo" videos from Hornady and Federal

I understand his point about mushrooming demand and fixed or semi-fixed supply. That explains the quantity available part. I haven't heard an explanation of the price part. And yes I understand supply and demand and inelastic demand products. Still, there's no way that end user prices can triple without someone in the raw material/manufacturing/distribution/retail chain taking in more profit. It's not possible that any part of the cost stacking/value add has tripled in price since March.

In short, there's a rat in the wood pile.

Great video thanks for posting, are there any members on this forum that have stock piled enough ammunition to qualify as a secret warehouse?

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Great video thanks for posting, are there any members on this forum that have stock piled enough ammunition to qualify as a secret warehouse?
    I think I've frightened the UPS guy a couple times...
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Threads merged.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Whoever allowed the federal video to be published should be fired.

In the midst of unprecedented demand for your product, it takes massive stupidity to tell customers "Stop bothering me".
    I didn't really take it that way. I didn't see it targeted at customers as much as conspiracy theorists. That said, I support everyone else boycotting their ammo, specifically 9mm, for awhile.

Buuuuut...in all honesty, he probably could have made a video of him hammer-dancing, in a g-string, on tops of crates of ammo yelling "you can't touch this" and flipping off the camera and still sell every box that goes out the door in today's market...
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by SD View Post
    Name:  notatf.jpeg
Views: 1842
Size:  29.3 KB
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

I simply cannot see what the first CEO did that is wrong. He is doing his best to train people, guide his company through the issues created by a pandemic, keep employees safe and motivated, and deal with unprecedented product demand. And the feedback he hears every day is untrue, negative, and accusatory in nature.

I would be "tired of hearing it" too. I salute the guy for his honesty and wish him and his organization the very best. If I were in his shoes, I am certain I would have been even more blunt in expressing my frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    I understand his point about mushrooming demand and fixed or semi-fixed supply. That explains the quantity available part. I haven't heard an explanation of the price part. And yes I understand supply and demand and inelastic demand products. Still, there's no way that end user prices can triple without someone in the raw material/manufacturing/distribution/retail chain taking in more profit. It's not possible that any part of the cost stacking/value add has tripled in price since March.

In short, there's a rat in the wood pile.
    Why do you think price has anything to do with cost?
    Ignore Alien Orders

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Why do you think price has anything to do with cost?
    Normally cost sets a floor for price, you look to make a margin on cost that covers overhead and yields a profit. Market forces usually determine a ceiling. But the ceiling has been blown. Somewhere in the chain, someone or multiple someones are sticking it to us.

It would just be nice to know who's screwing me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacioli View Post
    It would just be nice to know who's screwing me.
    Capitalism.

They can sell it for XYZ dollars, so they will.

It's not a command economy.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List