Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "We are making ammo" videos from Hornady and Federal

"We are making ammo" videos from Hornady and Federal

A video from federal

and Hornady popped up in my youtube feed. What is interesting is that they were released within a few hours of each other.

I also thought it was weird that the Federal president said that people were showing up at the factory. I got a creepy vibe from that guy, he looked like he was trying really hard to be an "average guy" and it fell flat for me. Jason Hornady seemed much more like a regular guy.

I am not buying into the tin foil hat brigade, but it is kinda funny that two large ammo companies release videos at the same time.
    Last edited by Flamingo; 12-18-2020 at 09:46 PM.

Well they're really pretty much the same company, so I don't think it's all that strange.

ETA: Ignore my dumbass ramblings, I don't know why I was thinking Federal and Hornady are in bed, it is Federal and Speer. I'll leave my stupidity up for all to see.
    Last edited by Balisong; 12-18-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Site Supporter
    I noticed that the Federal guy stated that they were making Remington ammo too. I haven't seen any recently, but then I haven't seen much of any ammo recently.

I don't think Vista owns Hornady.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I don't think Vista owns Hornady.
    Yeah sorry, I put the correction in my post but was too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I also thought it was weird that the Federal president said that people were showing up at the factory. I got a creepy vibe from that guy, he looked like he was trying really hard to be an "average guy" and it fell flat for me. Jason Hornady seemed much more like a regular guy.
    Some people are naturally just more awkward and not suited to being on camera.

Federal CEO should have been more positive, you can't let the haters run your social media message.

The Hornady CEO was pitch perfect.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mr. Vanderbrink needs a Snicker's bar.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Federal CEO should have been more positive, you can't let the haters run your social media message.

The Hornady CEO was pitch perfect.

Dennis.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah it was kinda strange hearing "I'm tired of hearing...." from the head of a large company as opposed to "I'd like to address some misconceptions about what's happening at our company right now and show you how things are running."

Federal dude did sound a bit frustrated. Coming from a manufacturing background I can understand it. Working balls out 24/7/365 day for months and seeing a bunch of BS stated about your efforts day after day will build up to what we see in the video. I can promise you he's a LOT more curt when the video camera isn't around. I don't care Federal dude, just keep doing what you're doing.

User Tag List