Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: "We are making ammo" videos from Hornady and Federal

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Is this really the case though? I was under the impression that most military and LE ammo contracts have a set price for a set number of rounds (sometimes with an option to buy more), with the contracts going for years at a time. If demand goes way up and therefore the market price that could be charged goes up, the manufacturer is locked in to produce the ammo at the lower-than-market contracted price. But producing ammo for the general public would mean that if demand goes up, then the manufacturers have the ability to raise the price and consequently make higher profits.

I wouldn't be completely surprised if I'm wrong though, so someone please correct me if I am.
    You are correct. Borderland knows it too. he's trolling you.

https://www.gsa.gov/buying-selling/n...ract%20period.

Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contracts
    Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contracts provide for an indefinite quantity of services for a fixed time. They are used when GSA can’t determine, above a specified minimum, the precise quantities of supplies or services that the government will require during the contract period. IDIQs help streamline the contract process and speed service delivery.

IDIQ contracts are most often used for service contracts and architect-engineering services. Awards are usually for base years and option years. The government places delivery orders (for supplies) or task orders (for services) against a basic contract for individual requirements. Minimum and maximum quantity limits are specified in the basic contract as either number of units (for supplies) or as dollar values (for services).

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    You suck and we hate you.
    Federal CEO to his secretary: Hey Charlotte? Yeah, what PR firm does H&K use? Can you give them a call for me? I need to set something up.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Basic Economics 101: Supply and Demand. If Demand outstrips Supply, the price of the item goes up.

It's super evident that we have a few million more new gun owners now than we did a year ago, most of whom were surprises both to the industry and themselves. Demand for ammo has gone up far more than people a year ago even dreamed about.

It's also super evident that a lot of industries have been hit hard by the epidemic, so Supply has also been seriously affected for the negative. There's fewer ores being mined, refineries being manned, and so on.

Fact 1: Demand for ammo is at a high.
    Fact 2: Supply for materials that ammo is made from is at a low

So, logically, the price for ammo will increase. Any attempts to hold the price down will cause the Supply to be reduced even further- and we're seeing this in action.

And that brings up the irony of supposed Capitalist complaining about the Free Market in action.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fixer View Post
    Crime problems? Blame the police.
    Too much 'police'?...again blame the police.
    Gas prices high? Blame the oil companies.
    No ammo, and high prices? Blame the ammo companies.
    Didn't pass econ 101? Blame capitalism.

The same mouth breathing fuck tards loading up on ammo that far surpasses their normal shooting in a year, by several orders of magnitude, and causing the ammo shortage themselves, turn around and invent conspiracy theories on the internet...because they can't find more ammo.

Probably the same jackasses that panic-bought toilet paper, and then got chagrined AF when stores weren't taking returns.

So fucking typical of clown world.
    Probably the same dipshits who stood in line at Walmart several years ago and bought all the .22 ammo...

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Federal CEO to his secretary: Hey Charlotte? Yeah, what PR firm does H&K use? Can you give them a call for me? I need to set something up.
    yea, but the guy/gal/xer (snicker) that runs H&K's twitter account is usually on fire and on point.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by hufnagel View Post
    yea, but the guy/gal/xer (snicker) that runs H&K's twitter account is usually on fire and on point.
    I do miss the HK social media girl...
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    I can see the rumors now...THEY have something on this guy.. Hes on the passenger manifest to lolita island...he had dinner with John Roberts...he contributed to Obama.... it will never end, if it hadnt been on this forum I nevere would have heard of or seen that video.
    Actually, it's been on two other forums that I frequent. There must be others. He shot himself in the foot, so to speak. I'll bet he's gone by years end. They need some Japanese dood that will bow, ask forgiveness, and promise to honorably serve you, even if they don't.
    Last edited by Borderland; 12-20-2020 at 09:07 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    Actually, it's been on two other forums that I frequent. There must be others. He shot himself in the foot, so to speak.
    Yes, it will surely cost him dearly in lost customers and decline in equity.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Student
    I watched the videos and they were fine.

Regardless, I'll continue to buy whatever ammunition from either company that is available at a relatively tolerable price point.

Seriously?!?!?

This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen at PF.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

User Tag List