Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2022 Jeep Wagoneer unveiling 9/3 at 9am EST

2022 Jeep Wagoneer unveiling 9/3 at 9am EST

Should be interesting. I’m a huge fan of the OG Grand Wagoneer and would love to have a restomod of one.
    https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...r-debut-watch/

https://www.caranddriver.com/jeep/wa...grand-wagoneer

Hoping this is more in line with the success of the recent awesome re-launch of the Bronco and less in line with the horrendous FJ Cruiser re-launch from a few years back.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Watched it. Turned it off after "if Jeep were a city it would be Jackson Hole, Wagoneer would be New York, if they were a house Jeep would be a cabin and Wagoneer a glass house on the beach". It will compete with Tahoe, Suburban, and Expedition, but I was hoping for a more Jeep off-road capable version of that class, not a race to see which could be more luxurious and expensive.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Is this a unibody?

No fake wood on the sides?

GTFO
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    I haven't even watched it, but I know this is worth leaving here. Icon is cool.

-----------------------------------------
    Not another dime.

Site Supporter
    Looks like a Lincoln. /barf
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Hybrids? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Looks like a Lincoln. /barf
    Evidently this is their target market, at least for the Grand Wagoneer. Which isn't entirely out of step with the OG as it was also marketed as a premium model, but they seem to have missed the "offroad premium" from the OG with the current design, at least as shown.

I view things like this from two perspectives:
    1) does it do justice to the OG? (in this case, so far, for me it's a fail)
    2) do I like it anyway, regardless of the name? (in this case, I need to see more trims and such)

The new Broncos for me were a "yes" to #1 AND #2. The 2004-2006 GTO (of which I owned one) were a "no" to #1 as regards styling but were a resounding YES to #2. The FJ Cruiser, for me, was a no to both.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

This is $100,000 plus vehicle aimed at range Rover and Lincoln. It will undoubtedly have a slew of technical issues with the hybrid system and or all the other electronics on board as evidenced by recent RAM releases. (Despite what one happy user might report the ram 1500 diesel and hybrid have had major complications)

All cars are very complicated these days and it's best to not own the first year of a new model.

If you are an early adapter bend over and buy the extended warranty.

It is a hard sell as $100-120k gives you lots of flashy European options.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    This is $100,000 plus vehicle aimed at range Rover and Lincoln. It will undoubtedly have a slew of technical issues with the hybrid system and or all the other electronics on board as evidenced by recent RAM releases. (Despite what one happy user might report the ram 1500 diesel and hybrid have had major complications)

All cars are very complicated these days and it's best to not own the first year of a new model.

If you are an early adapter bend over and buy the extended warranty.

It is a hard sell as $100-120k gives you lots of flashy European options.
    I think that where they could have succeeded was if they had use the same formula as the OG. Luxury Offroad. Range Rover is really the only one claiming that today, and even that claim is dubious.

If Jeep is going to make a $100k vehicle, it out to at least still be a Jeep.

User Tag List