Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

I've actually had my smith(s) dimple the KKM barrels on the threading flats for better engagement with the screws- I prefer to avoid loctite for this application.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I put blue loctite on my KKM set screws and didn’t do anything else. Has been fine through several years of EDC and a few thousand rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started this thread a while back with the intention of moving towards comps but I copied @Duke and ended up porting a bunch of pistols. I'd like to chime in and say that the Lucky 7 porting from monsoon tactical is insane in terms of muzzle rise reduction and I'd add that the G19 slide seems to track the best with a dot and porting versus shorter or longer slides.

Bumping an old thread, but how are newer ported barrels comparing to the KKM comp? Those Reactor17 slides look pretty slick, but I'm not sure how they compare to the KKM comp.

Also, are they pectoral index safe?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Bumping an old thread, but how are newer ported barrels comparing to the KKM comp? Those Reactor17 slides look pretty slick, but I'm not sure how they compare to the KKM comp.

Also, are they pectoral index safe?
    I have no ability to compare as I do not have a KKM or other comp on a glock but I decided to try an aim surplus ported barrel with the brownells slide I already had. I am surprised how well the tiny V8 ports work but I did have a POI change of about 4 inches at 7 yards. Unfortunately I haven't spent enough time with it to tell you if it is accurate at range. Most of my shooting so far has been 7ish yards.

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I have no ability to compare as I do not have a KKM or other comp on a glock but I decided to try an aim surplus ported barrel with the brownells slide I already had. I am surprised how well the tiny V8 ports work but I did have a POI change of about 4 inches at 7 yards. Unfortunately I haven't spent enough time with it to tell you if it is accurate at range. Most of my shooting so far has been 7ish yards.
    This a Glock 19?
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    This a Glock 19?
    Yes. Example:

https://aimsurplus.com/products/aims...l-for-glock-19

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    I’ve Been wondering if they work in brownells slides. Now I’ll get one and do a direct comparison between the AIM barrel and the Monsoon Tactical. Thanks.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.

All of the raving I've heard about for a little while is over the Radian.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    All of the raving I've heard about for a little while is over the Radian.
    Had one. Didn’t like it as much as the Ultra JTTC or the Lucky 7 ports. The Radian does win the “easiest to take off/put on” contest. By a long shot.
    Formerly known as xpd54.

User Tag List