Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

Site Supporter
    I have a Victory 1st threaded barrel and PMM comp sitting on the bench that will either go on a G19 or G45, haven't decided yet. I'm considering getting one of the PMM P365 JTTC's to play with as well. Will wait to see how I like the Glock comp first.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    I had kris fortney port this one. The port is close but he had to make it fit in the Zev window. 3,100 rounds thus far, no odd out comes. Pistol runs 100% - it needs a 13lb recoil spring though. The front sight gets filthy but that’s no Biggy

If you did a 34 on a stock window he usually does 8 ports in 2 rows

Google fortney ports and you’ll find him. Good dude
    That search comes up with nothing. Ive googled it every way I can think of. Have a link to a website or contact info?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    That search comes up with nothing. Ive googled it every way I can think of. Have a link to a website or contact info?

I think it's www.performancepistolworks.com
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    That’s the one. Great work.

Not sure lead time now but he had mine back to me in 8 days from receiving

Going to send a barrel to get ported but cannot decide which. Should I send my used G34 barrel which has >10k rounds through it or should I just get a new KKM barrel to have done?

Quote Originally Posted by rayrevolver View Post
    Someone linked to this on a 2011 forum but no reason you can't do it on a Glock.

Its called the Chunk Port, although there is some argument as to whether its a Comp or a bigass Port.

Hmmm... if you have a mill laying around you could DIY. I kid but maybe with some refinement this could be an viable option.

https://cuttermachineworks.com/product/chunk-port/

That slide cut looks like crap.
    10-8 did a review on Glock comps and the one he went with was a Weapons Armament Research comp that was similar to that but looks much better. I think its reminiscent of the Wilson Combat Carry Comp which is supposed to be very effective. What I like is its a stock length slide. I watched a vid which I cant seem to find right now of a shooter running a course of multiple targets with the War comp. In the vid it showed a plume of gasses exiting straight up after every shot. I dont see how the shooter could avoid breathing it.

https://youtu.be/u-nVK1s3AxE go to the 26.36 mark

Found the video on WAR’s facebook page
    https://fb.watch/7VfeyZ5Bbi/
    Last edited by UNK; 09-08-2021 at 10:49 PM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Does anyone have experience with magnaport and Glocks? The port size appears similar to the factory c models. I went ahead and did send a barrel to Kris Fortney and now that G34 is my favorite gun. I'm hooked on porting and would do more, but am somewhat limited by what has slide windows. Magnaport seems like a decent deal at $165 for slide and barrel porting but I have no firsthand experience yet.

I put together a mini Rowland package, with an open and closed emitter optic. Always amazed how the Mayhem Syndicate comp quiets the dot.

Name:  9BCC307E-9B84-4E26-B24F-B4D568429E72.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  91.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The cool thing about the Mayhem comp is a 19 becomes 17 length, not 34 length. For me, the comp makes the 19 perform more like my full size and 42 ounce CO pistol. Very attractive for carry, especially how it handles +P.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    So, I got a question for ya on this setup. By the looks of it, this is a PMM with a Gen 5 slide. The rear of a comp is contoured so bevels of a slide mate in for a nice fit. I dig the look.
    What would happen if comp turned a little off a perfect vertical orientation? Could that contoured surface prevent slide from going into a full battery?
    As another poster mention, the recoil spring assembly helps capture the comp. In a worst case scenario where it did somehow get turned, I suspect that the slide would push it back straight. You could definitely see a loss of slide velocity at the end there, but I think it would still function. I have a PMM comp on a Gen 5 45 and it came loose one time and still functioned. I believe at the time I was still testing it and had not introduced thread locker. It is installed now with Rocksett and has several thousand rounds with no issues.

I have been very impressed with the performance of the comp.

Word to the wise, though: that contoured part is sharp as fuck and if you manage to let it pinch you, you're likely to bleed. Ask me how I know.

User Tag List