Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Reduced power striker spring.

The slide doesn’t cycle slowly— it cycles very quickly. So slowly letting a slide go forward tests imo, absolutely nothing

Also - and I don’t mean this like it sounds -

When I want to know how my gun functions...I grab a bucket of ammo and go shoot it. I’ve found that a much cleaner test than standing in my living room pointing my gun up and holding back the trigger (2 actions that never crossed paths for me )
    I understand what, and how, you're saying it but I also wouldn't want to test a possible out of battery ignition on the range. I didn't invent that test but it seems to be widely accepted as a legit check for a weak/worn out RSA.
    But I don't know what I don't know so I'll stick to the stock RSA since it still works with standard pressure loads.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I understand what, and how, you're saying it but I also wouldn't want to test a possible out of battery ignition on the range. I didn't invent that test but it seems to be widely accepted as a legit check for a weak/worn out RSA.
    But I don't know what I don't know so I'll stick to the stock RSA since it still works with standard pressure loads.
    I don’t care what you do. And I can’t know how many rounds the proponents of this “test” go through in a year.

But. This wheelbarrow full of empties was fired exclusively through Guns with reduce power recoil spring utilizing the browning tilting barrel lock up system as found on many many Polymer pistols.

Zero of them......blew up.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I don’t care what you do. And I can’t know how many rounds the proponents of this “test” go through in a year.

But. This wheelbarrow full of empties was fired exclusively through Guns with reduce power recoil spring utilizing the browning tilting barrel lock up system as found on many many Polymer pistols.

That setup is getting me interested in just doing a ported barrel and getting a slide milled for a window cut or using a G34 slide.

I'm not questioning your results or suggesting you're being dangerous. What I'd like to know is if the RSA Test I mentioned is actually legit or not, or if it's even something to worry about. Obviously many people run reduced power recoil springs in the RS and I don't see reports of blowed-up pew pews so it's not something I stress about... But I am curious to know more.

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    That setup is getting me interested in just doing a ported barrel and getting a slide milled for a window cut or using a G34 slide.
    I had one of those with a 10 port barrel.

It didn’t track as flat as I wanted it to. However my fat wierd hands need the Overwatch precision magwell on the length of a 19 grip to really lock in. With a full size my hands slide around. Too subjective for me to say if I’d build another

I'm not questioning your results or suggesting you're being dangerous. What I'd like to know is if the RSA Test I mentioned is actually legit or not, or if it's even something to worry about. Obviously many people run reduced power recoil springs in the RS and I don't see reports of blowed-up pew pews so it's not something I stress about... But I am curious to know more.
    I didn’t mean to seem rude

Crappy barrel lock up will manifest, in my experience, in sporadic accuracy variances rather than full kabooms.

Examples - with a 5” M&p core 2.0, with an RMR and an 11 pound spring it tracked like butter smooth but - at 100m you could put 5 of 6 on a C zone steel - the 6th round would often be 2 feet high and right. The next mag, first round would be off again by a foot with the next 5 hitting as they should.

Put a 13lb spring in and it was solved. Factory set up on those runs 18lbs so there’s a lot wiggle room Again no kabooms

And I get the to hell and back reliability thing too. For me I’m willing to trade the top %5 of fill it with mud cycling for 15-20% performance gain

I didn’t mean to seem rude

Crappy barrel lock up will manifest, in my experience, in sporadic accuracy variances rather than full kabooms.

Examples - with a 5” M&p core 2.0, with an RMR and an 11 pound spring it tracked like butter smooth but - at 100m you could put 5 of 6 on a C zone steel - the 6th round would often be 2 feet high and right. The next mag, first round would be off again by a foot with the next 5 hitting as they should.

Put a 13lb spring in and it was solved. Again no kabooms
    It's all good. I appreciate your comments and experiences.... You're a much better shooter than I and you've experimented with a lot more pistols than I so I respect your opinions on this stuff.

It's all good. I appreciate your comments and experiences.... You're a much better shooter than I and you've experimented with a lot more pistols than I so I respect your opinions on this stuff.
    You’re too kind.

Just change the springs and start blasting lol. You’ll be shooting x rings around me in no time

I had one of those with a 10 port barrel.

It didn’t track as flat as I wanted it to. However my fat wierd hands need the Overwatch precision magwell on the length of a 19 grip to really lock in. With a full size my hands slide around. Too subjective for me to say if I’d build another
    What make have you used for the ported barrels?

Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    What make have you used for the ported barrels?

Stock gen 5s edm ported to match holes in slides.

User Tag List