Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

@JodyH speaks highly of the Mayhem Syndicate. He’s posted pics in one of these threads.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

This is 300 Rounds of GSR.

Regarding the close hole to the front sight-

It was clean this morning... it gets dirty fast but no lead splinter, etc.

Name:  5FA7BEBF-1913-41FA-82CF-9B957CEF72C6.jpg
Views: 1165
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  965ED7E7-2EA0-4820-BC67-C56D43BF0396.jpg
Size:  42.7 KB

I’m just getting started with this. Also just getting started with dots. G45, DPP, CHPWS Gen 4 plate, KKM barrel and comp, Apex trigger and connector, gadget. The beavertail is now a factory medium. I might try a large. As I stated in an earlier post it fits find in a JM custom competition holster. I need to pick up an MRDS appendix holster for a 34.

Yesterday 50 rounds of 124 Winchester NATO and 100 rounds of my reloads. Everything functioned fine. Reloads were stacking brass in a neat little pile about 8’ to my right. The NATO was louder and the slide cycled faster but other than that the pistol ran very flat. Reloads were like shooting a 22.

Like I said I’m very new to dots and not enough rounds to comment on the recoil spring yet. My index with the dot needs a lot of dryfire work. I’m absolutely loving this set up though. I spent time working one shot draws to a USPSA head box at 7 yards. Results were crazy small groups for me. I’ve shot a lot of SA over the last two years and I have some bad trigger control habits to correct. That being said snatchy trigger press were still in the head but about 3” under the box.

It’s probably a mistake to learn all this new stuff at once but the first range trip with it was a lot of fun. Sorry no range photos.

Name:  554FDED2-ADCE-4412-81D8-1F14AE656331.jpg
Views: 1369
Size:  45.5 KB
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    This is my second Roland build; I had previously sent a GEN4 to ATEi but eventually moved on from it. I revisited the concept with a G45 MOS and this has become my favorite pistol. In my experience, these run very well with Federal ammunition; I've found the comp doesn't like weaker Blazer ammunition (whether Blazer Brass or the aluminum cased stuff). I've vetted it with G2 for carry (though eventually I'd like to try it with some 135gr. +P Hornady Critical Duty). I use a stock RSA; I've run it often without the WML and haven't noticed a difference.
    Attachment 64902
    Glock 45 MOS, KKM Barrel and Compensator, Trijicon RM06 RMR Type 2, Forward Controls Design OPF-G RMR plate, Ameriglo GL506 BUIS, Surefire X300U-A weapon light
    Would love to hear your thoughts about it and what you like about it.

Saw on IG the other day that Parker Mountain Machine will be coming up with a new line of micro comps for Glocks similar to what they show for the 320 here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJQzBrnL...d=nn5uwytnfidq

I’ll be very interested in the G26 and G19 versions when they're released.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    This is 300 Rounds of GSR.

Regarding the close hole to the front sight-

It was clean this morning... it gets dirty fast but no lead splinter, etc.

Name:  5FA7BEBF-1913-41FA-82CF-9B957CEF72C6.jpg
Size:  22.8 KB

Name:  965ED7E7-2EA0-4820-BC67-C56D43BF0396.jpg
Size:  42.7 KB
    Do you prefer that fortney ported glock to the ported M&P 2.0s?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Would love to hear your thoughts about it and what you like about it.
    I'm happy to share more thoughts.

As I mentioned, I tried a GEN4 G19 based 'Roland Special' a few years back. This build was very faithful to the original Roland specs as discussed by Chuck Pressberg; KKM barrel, machining by ATEi, RCS magwell, etc. I enjoyed shooting it, but it always felt like a science project to me as opposed to a real service pistol - I don't think I was quite ready to commit to it. I hadn't quite committed to the MRDS at the time either. After a period it went to the back of the safe, and eventually I sold it to pursue other interests.

I learned quite a bit from that experience - the Roland was reliable though my sample preferred warmer ammunition (it didn't like Blazer Brass, but ate whatever Federal loads I fed it). The comp and the dot sight - the whole is greater than the sum of these parts - it's a complimentary relationship. The comp simply makes the gun track flatter, and the dot easier to find. It's a very soft shooting gun. I also learned that the 'press out' technique I was using with DA/SA guns wasn't a great match to dot sights - index is king with the dot. Conventional wisdom at the time was still that irons were faster - and that was reflected in my shooting.

Late last year I decided it was time to make a serious investment in learning to shoot a MRDS pistol. That decision was mostly driven by deteriorating eyesight - the front sight just isn't as crisp as it used to be, and neither is the target. I decided to switch from Production to Carry Optics (using a GEN5 G34MOS w/SRO) as well. Somewhere in there I picked up a G45MOS - my original thinking was that I didn't need the increased sight radius of a G17/G34 with a MRDS, but liked having the full size grip. And in the back of my head was that a G45MOS was a barrel away from practically being a factory Roland...personally I much prefer the G17 length grip and full size magazines with the GEN5 magwell over a G19 with the RCS Freya, and the front cocking serrations are now standard. The introduction of aftermarket mounting optic plates from CHPWS and later FCD also did a great deal to convince me that I didn't need the full ATEi treatment again. It wasn't long before I ordered the KKM.

COVID19 shut down my local range for several months, so I invested a lot in dry fire with the new Roland (mostly working from a Safariland ALS holster). Turns out pandemic induced dry fire practice makes for a great transition from irons to dot sights. I've spent a lot of time working on my index with this pistol. Just yesterday I managed a 4.51+.5(ALS)=5.01 FAST (clean) from this setup. I'm confident I can do better.

One last thing I really like about the Roland. It's a Glock. The price of entry (especially starting with a G45 MOS) is really just a barrel swap. And a return to stock configuration is as easy as field stripping the gun. Compared to my custom ATEi build, it's the same performance at half the price. I'll probably build a duplicate backup gun soon.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 12-28-2020 at 06:26 PM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    I’m not sure if KKM makes a comp that will fit an OEM threaded barrel, I know PMM started making one though.
    What compensator was this? Looking at their site I can't find anything about compatibility with OEM threaded barrels.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Site Supporter
    Anyone seen this single port comp by Mac Defense?

--Jason--

Name:  zev volker1.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  100.7 KBName:  zev volker2.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  48.5 KB

I've been using a Volker Precision comp on and off for a bit. After running roughly 2000 rounds through it I have to say it is effective at reducing recoil with a fairly low profile at the muzzle. I've run it with factory and lighter recoil spring set ups and experienced no issues either way. I like the reduced weight hanging off the end of the barrel (compared to heavier comps) that messes with the gun locking/unlocking during cycling. Hilton Yam did a good job going over the details and effectiveness of the comp in a video.

User Tag List