Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

Best current compensator options for Glocks

I am trying to make a Roland Special type build sans the magwell but I cannot decide on which compensator to go with. My first thought was the obvious, a KKM barrel and 4 port comp but I am now wondering about the PMM JTTC though I am not keen on the increased price and the uncertainty of being able to use a suppressor with that barrel if I ever wanted to go that route. Also, it nothing else, I know the KKM is going to likely give me a bit more accuracy based on another KKM barrel I have and numerous reports of their quality.

Any thoughts? Am I missing other comps here that should be mentioned like the Mayhem Syndicate, Agency, or ZEV options?

I guess I can add that these would end up being used in G34 AIWB and safariland OWB holsters

So upon more reading it sounds like the KKM barrel and comp actually use a different thread pitch from the rest of their barrels so the suppressor question is a moot point

If want a comped gun the kkm is best and flattest.

But my edm ported Zev 19 tracks flatter, feels softer and it’s stock slide length if that matters for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

But my edm ported Zev 19 tracks flatter, feels softer and it’s stock slide length if that matters for you.
    Is this similar to a factory ported/comped Glock?

KKM was used for this gun for a reason. I debated for a long time before I settled on KKM and now wonder why I ever considered anything else. Yes, they use a different thread pitch. That’s because it allows the comp to sit closer to the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post

I already have an RMR milled slide that doesn't have any porting so was going to go with a barrel and comp. I see the added length as a bit of a plus anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    KKM was used for this gun for a reason. I debated for a long time before I settled on KKM and now wonder why I ever considered anything else. Yes, they use a different thread pitch. That’s because it allows the comp to sit closer to the slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With the newish PMM JTTC I wonder if there's a little higher margin for reliability with weaker ammo when using stock RSA's since it lacks the side ports. I do also find it more aesthetically appealing. That price is a big turnoff though when the tried and true KKM combo is around $100 less.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Is this similar to a factory ported/comped Glock?
    Name:  FAFA3B8F-408C-481B-BA20-F3CDDF22FBEC.jpg
Views: 2374
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  DF9CEB98-6032-4541-8720-C880AC2CEA20.jpg
Views: 2309
Size:  32.8 KB

There's a company called "Nevada Something" - maybe Nevada Armaments or Nevada Precision. They make island barrels and slides for Glock. Looks sick and the exhaust does not get trapped inside the slide. I was wondering if anyone tried those.

I can't compare, but I'm running a PMM and I haven't had to tweak anything, regardless of ammo. My brother's Roland Special had to change a spring when shooting 115gr range ammo. We both use the Hornady critical duty FBI load for SD ammo

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    I can't compare, but I'm running a PMM and I haven't had to tweak anything, regardless of ammo. My brother's Roland Special had to change a spring when shooting 115gr range ammo. We both use the Hornady critical duty FBI load for SD ammo
    I dropped the spring rates down to because nose dive/pogo is as bad a excess muzzle rise imo

15lb recoil/4lb striker on the kkms

13lb/4lb for the ported gun

User Tag List