Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

Anyone have any clue when/if Radian is going to release their comp and barrel?

They announced the damn thing last october/november. They also had a whole press run last month and still, nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

They announced the damn thing last october/november. They also had a whole press run last month and still, nothing.
    Wow... That looks like a really nicely done comp! Hope it's as good as it looks like it should be.

Agreed! Of the 19 comped to a 17-length designs, this looks really top-notch.

https://www.radianweapons.com/pistol-products

Name:  6BB00269-E426-49A3-95D0-C5336C44C52C.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  50.2 KB

I suppose that now we wait.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post

That looks rad. Being stuck (for now) in CA, this is actually a legal option besides a permanent weld.

My only comp gun experience is a pair of 19.4s with KKMs, so...

I've always been curious about the "connection length" between comp and barrel. I wonder if the Radian design has as one of it's criteria "minimum connection length" or if instead they specifically designed against "no threading"- given the number of ardent pistoleros in occupied territories...
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I have been happy so far with the Agency Arms Sage Dynamics Compensator http://www.agencyarms.com/sage-dynam...nsator-package
    There is quite a bit of thread overlap, and there are no set screws, thread lock, pins or shims required.
    Name:  Comp.jpg
Views: 819
Size:  55.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by runngun View Post
    I have been happy so far with the Agency Arms Sage Dynamics Compensator http://www.agencyarms.com/sage-dynam...nsator-package
    There is quite a bit of thread overlap, and there are no set screws, thread lock, pins or shims required.
    Very nice! I didn't know they had finally released the Comp package separately.

Site Supporter
    In my search for TX black rifle comp, I came up on some videos using the Legion precision comp. Anyone have experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by runngun View Post
    My only gripe with that Sagency comp is that it appears as though it uses a single stage guide rod?

I'm partial to my factory recoil springs when I shoot factory ammo. I find them to produce a very pleasurable recoil impulse.

Thoughts on this? Can you give us some more info on the comp? Does it lock up securely? Any play in it?

Comparative thoughts between this and any other comps you've run?

The comp doesn't lock up tight on the barrel. In the picture from the muzzle end you can see how much extra rotation is required to fully seat the comp. Also, the picture of the barrel out of the slide shows the slight gap between the comp and the barrel when properly aligned. The guide rod adapter interfaces with the relief cut at the back of the comp to prevent it from rotating while the slide is forward, and the end of the guide rod prevents it from rotating with the slide to the rear, although there is a small amount of play evident if it is twisted. I have only about 500 rounds through it, but no issues thus far.

The comp is designed to function with 115 grain ammo, and according to Aaron Cowan's review (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bxup6aur30) it was designed to balance performance and reliability so it is admittedly not the most effective one available. With 115 gr Blazer brass I couldn't tell much of a difference (shot back to back with an otherwise identical Glock) with the comp, however 147gr. HST had a definite difference, and the difference with BP9LE was incredible. Granted, this is my only comp experience, and ease of installation and removal was the driving factor for me.

The comp ships with an 18 lb ISMI spring. It ran fine out of the box with my G19 frame (which has a few thousand rounds through it). When I installed the brand new G45 frame (without adding any lube), it had routine failures to feed for a few magazines. After running flawlessly with a 147 HST and BP9LE for about a hundred rounds, I didn't have any more problems with the 115 gr Blazer. I did change the spring to a 15lb one since it seemed to be on the ragged edge of functioning due to the comp and added weight of the P2. I can't say it runs any better that way, but at least I feel like I have a bit more margin for reliability.

Name:  signal-2022-04-04-175838_001.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  55.2 KBName:  signal-2022-04-04-175838_002.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  57.6 KBName:  signal-2022-04-04-175838_003.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  29.0 KBName:  signal-2022-04-04-175838_004.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  64.9 KBName:  signal-2022-04-04-181630_001.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  63.2 KB
    Last edited by runngun; 04-04-2022 at 05:52 PM.

User Tag List