Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Best current compensator options for Glocks

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    There's a company called "Nevada Something" - maybe Nevada Armaments or Nevada Precision. They make island barrels and slides for Glock. Looks sick and the exhaust does not get trapped inside the slide. I was wondering if anyone tried those.
    https://trinitynevada.com/product/gr...omplete-slide/

This review is pretty positive, but not much else out there. A friend of mine was considering buying one but decided to splash out for a fully comped 2011 instead, so no personal or local info about it.

And this clip of it firing 9mm Major @1400fps is pretty impressive in how flat it is:

https://www.facebook.com/trinitynv/v...31442793814184

Anyone running a G19 with a PMM comp and barrel? About to order the set but would love to hear some firsthand feedback on the combo first.

Bumping this up. I ordered a PMM comp as I really like the idea of a shim rather than a set screw for a comp.

Was thinking I would do a 357 Sig version of a Roland special that might work the comp better.

A 9mm comp would work for both 9mm and 357 Sig barrel threading.

I've been experimenting with overhauling my carry Glocks. Traditionally I had a G17 MOS with an RMR, a cut down of the OEM Glock beaver tail, Vickers slide stop, SCD, stock trigger with (-) connector. Now I am running a G45 with a Mayhem Syndicate comp, Apex trigger/connector, and 507C milled into the slide by Primary Machine, and of course the SCD. I definitely cut down my split times and and stay on target easier and still use all my old G17 holsters.

Name:  IMG_1034.jpg
Views: 1826
Size:  36.3 KB

That MS comp is the one that is holding my interest...what types of ammo have you used with it. I知 really curious if it does anything when lower powered training rounds are used or if it needs hot duty type loads to see a benefit? Read: is it a waist of $ if I知 using it with my reloads (getting 136 PF with a 147gr projectile)? Because I知 not going to be running factory ammo to train and especially not spicy duty rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by TCB View Post
    That MS comp is the one that is holding my interest...what types of ammo have you used with it. I知 really curious if it does anything when lower powered training rounds are used or if it needs hot duty type loads to see a benefit? Read: is it a waist of $ if I知 using it with my reloads (getting 136 PF with a 147gr projectile)? Because I知 not going to be running factory ammo to train and especially not spicy duty rounds.
    I normally shoot 115 gr FMJ reloads (4.5 gr titegroup). With my old setup I would average 2.60-2.80 seconds on a Bill Drill from AIWB concealment. Now I am doing about 2.20-2.40. I don't compete so I don't know if that is important. However, I am much happier that my dot doesn't bounce as much with each shot. The only downside was the price and the lead time for them to make it (8-10 weeks).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    Anyone running a G19 with a PMM comp and barrel? About to order the set but would love to hear some firsthand feedback on the combo first.
    @karmapolice is running them on G19X's

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post

A 9mm comp would work for both 9mm and 357 Sig barrel threading.
    Would it? I presume 1/2x 28? I've no idea, just curious. I am sitting on almost 2k rounds of .357 and no gun for it. Was thinking a Gen 5 .40SW but KKM sounded like it would be near eternity before they made that bbl conversion.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Would it? I presume 1/2x 28? I've no idea, just curious. I am sitting on almost 2k rounds of .357 and no gun for it. Was thinking a Gen 5 .40SW but KKM sounded like it would be near eternity before they made that bbl conversion.
    Yes, from a threading standpoint.

Here is the same comp on a G19
    Name:  9A6F086C-0B3F-4B9B-B773-FCDED90EFF69.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  54.4 KB

And a G35 with 357 Sig barrel
    Name:  10AC0EE2-4341-40D0-A2F6-CFED20EE45DC.jpg
Views: 1483
Size:  59.9 KB

Same threading for most 22LR and 5.56 barrels too. It痴 the most versatile (I have suppressors that I move from caliber to caliber with the same piston/spacer).

Since I have such firearm ADHD, I just get the cheaper and more available Alpha Wolf barrels to goof around with. They have a flat cut on the underside that helps keep set screws from wiggling.

User Tag List