Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Sub second concealed Israeli Draws

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Speaking of objective performance measures, speed is important (as are objective measurement and standards for speed) but accuracy is equally important.

Fast or slow is relative. A 1.5 draw to a full size silhouette, or even an A / -0 zone at 3 or 5 yards is slow but the same 1.5 draw to a 3x5 card at 7 yards is excellent performance.

Some old guy in the desert once said something about the balance of speed and accuracy. You need to work both. Fast noise doesn't hurt anyone. The goal is fast hits on realistic size targets, not just being fast or just making hits.

People like to emphasize what they are good at. In this thread: https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....to-new-thread) we argued the value of timers to an accuracy guy. I would posit that accuracy standards are worthy of an equal argument.
    I recall hearing something about the old guy in the desert: “Dilegentia, Vis, Celeritas”; accuracy, power, speed, to be balanced. I don’t have a dog in this “discussion”, but I would reinforce the OP pay attention to safety. An accuracy standard is certainly part of the equation.
    @HCM: I jumped in to ask a question. Are you aware of what “Israeli” style shooters would do after an engagement? Holster, clear and holster, or what? Just curious; I haven’t found any reference to include Fairbarin’s writings...
    To the OP: impressive. I mean this sincerely: best of luck and welcome to the forum.

It's interesting how this thread has evolved. P-F does have a tradition of competing to reach the limits of human performance in shooting. E.g. FAST, Gabe White Standards, and Drills of the Week, and even reenactments of notable TV scenes.

What's different about @JCN's videos? They show some interesting things. And @JCN is a skilled shooter, although not exceptional among the top tier here on the forum. So why are we pushing back?

1. He's the FNG, and still needs more beat down.
    2. He's showing off, and... FNG.
    3. There's a hint of being on the ragged edge of safety in some of the videos. We typically talk about that sort of thing when it happens to us because safety is a top priority at P-F.
    4. P-F is about training, but also about learning from others with deep expertise. Is @JCN here to learn? Does he use a growth mindset to be inspired by excellence in others? I think this is the focus of the recent posts discussing accuracy and speed.

I suggest we wait and see.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List