Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub second concealed Israeli Draws

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    Careful bud:
    Attachment 64842

I think you proved that even carrying in a substandard fashion you could miss the target very quickly without pointing the gun at your face.

It's fun, but it's not a thesis.
    But look at my trigger finger discipline in the picture you posted!

I was pretty sketched out by some of the positions this drill required. It required me to muzzle myself with an unloaded gun, but it still set off my spidey sense, something fierce!

I made this video for you to show the movements broken down. I did NOT like pointing the unloaded gun at my leg, but had to keep reminding myself that it was unloaded.

As soon as the optic makes contact on the pants and starts dragging, the muzzle points clear of the leg so that when chambered it is already clear and past. Of course keeping the finger off the trigger adds additional margin but it’s still sketchy.

I had never practiced it before 24-48h prior to doing it. I figure if I’m ever in a life or death struggle with a failed round and need to one handed rack I at least have a process in place.
    Last edited by JCN; 12-18-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    But look at my trigger finger discipline in the picture you posted!

I was pretty sketched out by some of the positions this drill required. It required me to muzzle myself with an unloaded gun, but it still set off my spidey sense, something fierce!
    Thoughts and prayers for those willing to take risks in the name of science. In the same sense that we would not have teflon dental floss without NASA, without your effort we would not know that a man could do a chicken dance and miss the fuck out of a target at two feet in under 0.9 seconds.

Thoughts and prayers for those willing to take risks in the name of science. In the same sense that we would not have teflon dental floss without NASA, without your effort we would not know that a man could do a chicken dance and miss the fuck out of a target at two feet in under 0.9 seconds.
    What are you talking about? The shot was in the head box.

Name:  BC69E61A-3C6C-4862-89A0-550C6029946A.jpeg
Views: 393
Size:  80.4 KB

I’m new here, but every forum has their share of bitter cynical haters.

Lighten up, Francis. It was just for fun.

Here are some triple nickels from concealment with my carry gun (loaded chamber) to get the fun taste out of your FUDD.

But if AIWB is too scary because a loaded gun is pointed at your junk, then here’s an OWB draw at 50 feet -0 x3.

I like challenging myself, but I try and do it safely.

Sorry — figured a dude willing to post videos of himself pressing a muzzle into his calf and producing shots like was able to take a little light teasing.

You’re clearly a great shooter, no doubt, and I understand the spirit in which you made the video. Just mocking you because what you did was stupid.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Sorry — figured a dude willing to post videos of himself pressing a muzzle into his calf and producing shots like was able to take a little light teasing.

You’re clearly a great shooter, no doubt, and I understand the spirit in which you made the video. Just mocking you because what you did was stupid.
    You are hyperbolic and kind of ignorant.

Muzzle was in the thigh with an unloaded gun. I don’t find that any dumber than carrying AIWB. When gun was loaded, it was clear of the body. Shot it produced was a head shot.

And I think you might not be educated at what a reduced size QIT target is.

That “miss” is close to a USPSA A-zone.

Name:  FDD8CD45-1E12-4FB2-A50A-F27200DA7D16.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  29.6 KB

I don’t think anyone here would be happy being shot there.

Site Supporter
    How many takes total on the Israeli stuff as I noticed multiple targets and a hole count exceeding those on video

Why did you need wear a glove on you left when racking your optically equipped pistol?

Do you have any tape of your results running a gun with no optic and not wearing a glove as that configuration is far more common?

You presently have seven posts to date all revolving around how fast you are.

Many of those on the forum who have been here since day one and/or who trained with TLG see this as kind of a University for Pistolcraft which creates and shares its collective knowledge.

What knowledge were you trying to create or share?

Who are the three or four most renowned folks you have trained with and what would they think of your Israeli style video?

caveats
    1. you are faster than me
    2. I do not have a reliable sub 1 sec draw from concealment at 1-2 meters beyond minute of man accuracy at best
    3. I have never trained Israeli style with an empty chamber
    4. Tom Givens/Randy Cain/Pat Rogers (RIP)/TLG (RIP)
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

@JCN, you're the FNG. If you're going to come on strong with your first few posts, you know you're going to get some pushback, right? @JAD made a good point. Your gun wasn't unloaded when you muzzled your femoral. Unloaded = empty chamber, no source of ammunition. You had a full magazine, and you were in the process of racking it. There are a lot of defensive handgun SMEs here, and I'm guessing none of them would advocate malfunction clearance that includes sweeping yourself.

and... @JAD, he's brand new to P-F. Maybe cut him some slack? He seems like he could be a good fit here--although I'm not convinced this is a good start.
    EDIT: just read your post. Slack cut.
    ...You’re clearly a great shooter, no doubt, and I understand the spirit in which you made the video. Just mocking you because what you did was stupid.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    How many takes total on the Israeli stuff as I noticed multiple targets and a hole count exceeding those on video

Why did you need wear a glove on you left when racking your optically equipped pistol?

Do you have any tape of your results running a gun with no optic and not wearing a glove as that configuration is far more common?

You presently have seven posts to date all revolving around how fast you are.

Many of those on the forum who have been here since day one and/or who trained with TLG see this as kind of a University for Pistolcraft which creates and shares its collective knowledge.

What knowledge were you trying to create or share?

Who are the three or four most renowned folks you have trained with and what would they think of your Israeli style video?

caveats
    1. you are faster than me
    2. I do not have a reliable sub 1 sec draw from concealment at 1-2 meters beyond minute of man accuracy at best
    3. I have never trained Israeli style with an empty chamber
    4. Tom Givens/Randy Cain/Pat Rogers (RIP)/TLG (RIP)

I don’t know? Just one range session. My goal initially was to do sub-second (which I could do center mass) reliably. That turned out to be pretty easy, so I went for speed, hence the multiple tries and holes.

The videos aren’t in order so you can see that a later one is actually the clean sheet target. I tried different one handed techniques at slower speed to not shoot myself so that’s some of the other holes. The leg target was shot at a different part of the range because someone came to shoot there and I wanted to do it undistracted.

I didn’t do it with no optic because I’m committed to dots on my guns, even my carry guns. Plus an optic gives more safety margin on the one hand racking to avoid muzzling leg on the way out.

Gloves was because it was 25 degrees out and I was cold. I was wearing gloves on both hands but took off my strong one to help me feel things better.

Knowledge to share was that unchambered draw is faster than I thought it would be. There really aren’t any videos on it from fast people. All the videos I saw were comparing slow chambered draws to slower unchambered draws.

And those skills are potentially useful in clearing malfunctions if you were injured or couldn’t get your weak hand on the gun.

Shannon Smith, Aaron Cowan, Ben Stoeger, Hwansik Kim, Larry Vickers, Bob Vogel, John Lovell

They’d all think it was ridiculous, as do I.

I’m technically self taught, but the above are the instructional videos that helped me learn.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Have not watched the video yet, but let's dial the back and forth back a bit. Both new and existing members should be aware of the code of conduct here. If you don't want PF to be "everywhere else on the Internet" don't treat it like "everywhere else on the Internet."
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List