Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub second concealed Israeli Draws

Good shooting @JCN. And nice shot to the Precious on the first try . My first defensive handgun instructor was an Israeli relative who carried a Beretta 70 (.22LR) in condition 3, IWB with no holster. We never quite figured out what his job was, but it's easy to guess. It's been a long time, but I think he might have had a sub 1s draw to 2 shots. What I recall most about his shooting style was his complete relaxation. He was absolutely casual in all of his movements, but was always moving. And he was very fast and accurate with that .22. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he shot target focus all the time.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Careful bud:
    Name:  calf.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  50.1 KB

I think you proved that even carrying in a substandard fashion you could miss the target very quickly without pointing the gun at your face.

It's fun, but it's not a thesis.

Site Supporter
    Speedy.

I don't have any criticism for the guy who practices empty chamber carry. Only the chairborne rangers who think that it's the best way to carry because Mossad or something.

My brother keeps his bedside gun empty chamber because he doesn't want to diddle with a condition 1 1911 at zero dark thirty and I can't say as I disagree with him. He shoots well enough and safely enough that I trust his judgement.

As for empty chamber carry for me...eh I'm slow enough as is. If I'm really trucking along I can get to a second from concealment to first shot to an A zone at 7 yards. Plus I worry about an entangled fight.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I have zero interest in carrying empty, but my bedside gun is condition 3. It's a 3.25# Glock trigger stored on a hidden magnet mount. With the trigger uncovered it just makes sense to keep it empty.

I doubt there are many Israeli specops guys or instructors that could beat JCN's time. 0.85 from concealment with an empty chamber is smoking.

You’re all fools!

- Six Chamber Carry Gang
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    It was 0.84-0.85s one handed empty chamber and concealed draw.

Was that what you were expecting?

The 5 second draw was making fun of CHAMBERED practitioners with slow draws that poop on everyone but really should do some dry fire instead. Because I think a 5 second draw is more DOA than an 0.85s unchambered draw... I was pointing out the irony.

To be fair, a lot of those guys aren’t actually 5 second draws, but 2 seconds is still pretty slow IMHO.
    I expected it could be done sub second with two hands.

The guy killed in the White settlement church shooting definitely had a > 3.5 second draw so it’s very much a thing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    You’re all fools!

- Six Chamber Carry Gang
    Are you crazy ? You don’t keep burial money rolled up in the 6th chamber ?

Cool

OT- Hey JCN.....found you.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Are you crazy ? You don’t keep burial money rolled up in the 6th chamber ?
    No, I already spent all my funeral funds on .38 Special.
    Well, you may be a man. You may be a leprechaun. Only one thing’s for sure… you’re in the wrong basement.

It's worth considering with a SIG P320...

User Tag List