Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sub second concealed Israeli Draws

Sub second concealed Israeli Draws

This was a video I made for fun.

I carry loaded chamber.

I hadn’t seen any sub second concealed Israeli draws so I wanted to see what I could do.

Be kind, gents!

I’m moving over from Glock Talk because I like shooting and seems that forum is all politics and COVID these days.

I don't actually see a video....(?)

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I don't actually see a video....(?)
    He's that fast!

Sorry! I fail.

Here it is!

I’ll admit, that’s fast “Israeli,” right there.

It’s still not a viable carry method in my eyes, because, the other guy gets a vote; but no doubt it can be fast when unencumbered.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Sorry! I fail.

Here it is!

While "Israeli" normally generates an eye roll from me it's worth pointing out that:

The chamber empty / horse stance thing was chosen as an SOP for large numbers of minimally trained people armed with a random mix of handguns and the need to carry handguns.

The "pros" in Israel know it's sub optimal and currently carry with a round chambered and use a variation of the modern isosceles.

Obviously you could do this much faster than 5 seconds. This being PF, I'll be disappointed if someone doesn't post a real attempt at Israeli draw on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    While "Israeli" normally generates an eye roll from me it's worth pointing out that:

The chamber empty / horse stance thing was chosen as an SOP for large numbers of minimally trained people armed with a random mix of handguns and the need to carry handguns.

The "pros" in Israel know it's sub optimal and currently carry with a round chambered and use a variation of the modern isosceles.

Obviously you could do this much faster than 5 seconds. This being PF, I'll be disappointed if someone doesn't post a real attempt at Israeli draw on the clock.
    Did you watch the entire video? Because he did exactly that after the spoof on the Israeli stance and draw.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Did you watch the entire video? Because he did exactly that after the spoof on the Israeli stance and draw.
    No but I'm not surprised at the result.

This could be the new Drill of the week.
    Last edited by HCM; 12-18-2020 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    No but I'm not surprised at the result.
    It was 0.84-0.85s one handed empty chamber and concealed draw.

Was that what you were expecting?

The 5 second draw was making fun of CHAMBERED practitioners with slow draws that poop on everyone but really should do some dry fire instead. Because I think a 5 second draw is more DOA than an 0.85s unchambered draw... I was pointing out the irony.

To be fair, a lot of those guys aren’t actually 5 second draws, but 2 seconds is still pretty slow IMHO.

Warm welcome (literally) from Florida.

User Tag List