Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diversified Machine Raided by ATF 20201217

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Do you guys meet someplace and get into cattle cars to go to the bar?
    Blacked out helicopters.

Duh.

"Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    Man, ATF on a roll lately.

Elections have consequences I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRV View Post
    Seems more like coincidence.

The P80 BBS kit was a newer product to the market, and it sounds like the BATFE had been gathering info on those kits (criminal uses and recoveries, build times and tools needed) since well prior to the election.

SB Tactical was an “any day now” situation. The 2018 BATFE letter notified SB Tactical that almost all of their products were being marketed and marked as “ATF Compliant” with no review or determination by the NFA branch/FATD that those products were compliant. I’ve heard statements from SB Tactical refuting that letter but I have seen no documentation released.

The scuttlebutt regarding DM was that the baffle parts were coming pre-center-punched or dimpled for drilling, which is a no-go for having anything firearms-related deemed “unmanufactured.” I’ve seen nothing that confirms that rumor. Might have been an issue with the kit being to close to “complete.”

Regardless of our feelings in the laws in question, it’s kind of a stretch for us to assume that a bureaucratic agency with different field offices and regional teams, as part of a larger bureaucratic department and in coordination with different state agencies and local task forces, would (or even could) plan these separate actions in short order as a response to an election.
    The ATF has been looking into this stuff for YEARS. The election has little or nothing to do with it.

Site Supporter
    For somebody like myself whose only brush with the law is a few friends on the local PD and sheriff's depts, it's nice to hear from the horse's mouth(s) how these things work. What's the name of that principle that says the simplest answer is also usually the correct one?

On the flip side of that, yesterday while eating at the truck stop I (and the entire diner) was being regaled by a truck driver who swore that the VA was mailing suicide pills to Vietnam veterans, and the conspiracies got kookier from there. One thing about truck drivers, they stereotypically know everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.

Quote Originally Posted by TBone550 View Post
    For somebody like myself whose only brush with the law is a few friends on the local PD and sheriff's depts, it's nice to hear from the horse's mouth(s) how these things work. What's the name of that principle that says the simplest answer is also usually the correct one?

On the flip side of that, yesterday while eating at the truck stop I (and the entire diner) was being regaled by a truck driver who swore that the VA was mailing suicide pills to Vietnam veterans, and the conspiracies got kookier from there. One thing about truck drivers, they stereotypically know everything. E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G.
    Can you give me as many descriptors on the truck driver and the location? Apparently our VA Hellfire missile equipped drones missed one.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Can you give me as many descriptors on the truck driver and the location? Apparently our VA Hellfire missile equipped drones missed one.
    Truck driver white male 5'8" medium gut (small gut for a truck driver), long black hair, late 40's early 50's I'd guess. Loud voice that carries clearly for 40'. Nervous attitude that makes him stand up in the middle of the aisle and talk when trying to make his point, then sit back down and keep talking. Then stand up again when agitated.

Location Joe's Griddle and Grill Exit 243 Harrisonburg VA, first seat on the left as you walk in the door. Best to use one of those non-explosive surgical strikes because I'm sitting at the bar about 20' away eating a chocolate pie and minding my own business.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    The ATF has been looking into this stuff for YEARS. The election has little or nothing to do with it.
    This ^^^.

I recall ATF taking about 80% guns popping up in gang cases back in 2017.

Truck driver white male 5'8" medium gut (small gut for a truck driver), long black hair, late 40's early 50's I'd guess. Loud voice that carries clearly for 40'. Nervous attitude that makes him stand up in the middle of the aisle and talk when trying to make his point, then sit back down and keep talking. Then stand up again when agitated.

Location Joe's Griddle and Grill Exit 243 Harrisonburg VA, first seat on the left as you walk in the door. Best to use one of those non-explosive surgical strikes because I'm sitting at the bar about 20' away eating a chocolate pie and minding my own business.
    Oh. That guy.

Skip the pie tomorrow, k?
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Oh. That guy.

Skip the pie tomorrow, k?
    And if not...

At least wear a raincoat.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    What's the name of that principle that says the simplest answer is also usually the correct one?
    Occam's Razor.

And the thread seems to be veering into politics, tying it to elections, etc. That's fine if that's the conversation everyone wants to have but it'll need to be moved to politics.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

A Washing state attorney trying to figure it all out. It's clear the ATF doesn't know what they are supposed to do.

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

User Tag List