Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please welcome Lynx Defense as a PF Supporting Business!

@savagemic

Do you have some sort of reference to support the made in USA claim, i.e. within compliance of the Federal Trade Commission's legal guidelines of declaring a product to be "Made in the USA" which carries criminal penalties if abused? Something like a NSN or Berry Amendment compliance certification.

I ask so bluntly because your Goby IFAK and ankle kit have a strong resemblance to rebadged Rescue Essentials/Condor Tactical items that have been marked up in price, but not anywhere near enough to be in the range of other vetted Made in USA products due to the high cost of textile manufacturing in the US. The ankle kit in particular looks to be an exact copy of the Rescue Essentials ankle IFAK I've been wearing daily for 5 years, but with the PALS stack replaced with another pocket....and the Goby IFAK is a pretty standard rip-away IFAK with a head-rest mount as marketed by the aforementioned companies.
    Last edited by TGS; 12-18-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by savagemic View Post
    Probably late January.

If we have this much demand for a red we can probably make it happen.
    I don't need the harness that goes on the headrest in red, that could stay black. I would just want the bag in red for high visibility in a marked unit. I'll email or call next week with .gov credit card in hand.

Supporting Business
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    @savagemic

Do you have some sort of reference to support the made in USA claim, i.e. within compliance of the Federal Trade Commission's legal guidelines of declaring a product to be "Made in the USA" which carries criminal penalties if abused? Something like a NSN or Berry Amendment compliance certification.

I ask so bluntly because your Goby IFAK and ankle kit have a strong resemblance to rebadged Rescue Essentials/Condor Tactical items that have been marked up in price, but not anywhere near enough to be in the range of other vetted Made in USA products due to the high cost of textile manufacturing in the US. The ankle kit in particular looks to be an exact copy of the Rescue Essentials ankle IFAK I've been wearing daily for 5 years, but with the PALS stack replaced with another pocket....and the Goby IFAK is a pretty standard rip-away IFAK with a head-rest mount as marketed by the aforementioned companies.
    We are in compliance with the FTC Made in the USA guidelines. We also can provide berry compliance certificates for our berry items (pistol range bag, tactical rifle cases, ankle kits, goby, and edc backpack) to any government agency that needs them. We have sold to FBI HRT, FBI field offices, FLIR, and the National Park Service rangers. Not to try to name drop or use those agencies as a selling tool, but as an LEO myself I'd never risk my career and lie about being Made in the USA to make a sale.

Now to address the ankle kit and the GOBY. I'll be the first to admit the ankle kit is not the only one on the market and it also does not have the margin it should have but we aren't losing money on it. It's also something that we released in 2017 and we very rarely sell any more of them. Even considered discounting the medical side so we can focus on "our lane". But for now, it remains. As for the GOBY, never claimed it was a revolutionary product but it's definitely not a direct copy.

We are a direct to consumer brand thus we don't have the margins that other companies have padded for retailers/wholesalers. If you look at our other products they are much more in line with US Textile Manufacturing prices. Next time you are in North Carolina drop me a PM and you can stop in and see our facility.

User Tag List