Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: East Coast Snowpocalypse 12/16/20

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Hard to say exactly how much I’ve gotten as it’s drifting all over the place. Likely 12-15 and still going. Attachment 64783
    The wind is so bad your snowblower drifted upside down!

^^^ It's like the whole world has flipped upside down.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Are you backfeeding through receptacles?
    #theelectricbidetmustbepowered

Quote Originally Posted by tadawson View Post
    Didn't you see the cord running through the window, and the resultant towels to block the gap?
    Yes I see that. Do you have a point?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    I hope to fuck not.
    He needs to be using a transfer switch/interlock.
    Even if he is plugged direct into his fridge, etc, it is still mighty sketchy.

Even if he has flipped his main breaker, and is back feeding through his dryer outlet, it is still wrong.
    Who ever said I was doing that or even hinted at doing so? Chill, folks.
    #RESIST

Are you backfeeding through receptacles?
    NO.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Who ever said I was doing that or even hinted at doing so? Chill, folks.
    So, that cord coming through the window goes to what, the heated seat in your bidet?
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Quote Originally Posted by wvincent View Post
    So, that cord coming through the window goes to what, the heated seat in your bidet?
    One leg to downstairs and my freezer, the other leg to upstairs and my fridge and assorted electronics.

The power line is down along my street, it looks they’re putting in a new one and a new pole.

We’ve got the Weber and the trusty Jetboil on cooking duty. I haven’t touched that Jetboil in over a year, it fired right up.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    One leg to downstairs and my freezer, the other leg to upstairs and my fridge and assorted electronics.

The power line is down along my street, it looks they’re putting in a new one and a new pole.

We’ve got the Weber and the trusty Jetboil on cooking duty. I haven’t touched that Jetboil in over a year, it fired right up.
    Doesn't JetBoiling crayons make them kind of .....bland? Not being a former Marine, I have no point of reference.
    The only reason I was questioning your ummm, "wiring setup" is because I am a Briggs & Stratton standby generator dealer and installer, and man, some of the sketchy shit I have seen people do

Oh, and I also give a shit about you and don't want to see you burn your house down, or kill a lineman.
    "And for a regular dude I’m maybe okay...but what I learned is if there’s a door, I’m going out it not in it"-Duke
    "Just because a girl sleeps with her brother doesn't mean she's easy..."-Blues

Yes I see that. Do you have a point?
    Simply that the comment about backfeeding is largely nonsensical if you had . . . Def not feeding an external outlet . . . (which is about the only case where backfeeding would even come close to being a thought, to avoid going through the window . . .)

User Tag List